Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Fun fact: Pittsburgh is actually the only city in the nation where all its professional sports teams share the same official colors. But the adoption of black and gold as a symbol of the city goes beyond sportsball.
When Pittsburgh was officially chartered as a city in 1816, it also selected black and gold as the city’s official hues.
As many local folk can attest, streamlining the city’s official colors with its sports teams has its perks. You just have to put on something black and gold to appear to be a fan.
With all that time saved, you’ve certainly got a few minutes to check out this week’s job postings.
Who makes $200k? This multi-part, multi-city, data-driven research explores the intersection between technology, race, and economic mobility.
Welcome home, Aurora. The autonomous vehicle company announced that Pittsburgh would become its full corporate headquarters.
What technologist in your network deserves some recognition? Nominate them for RealLIST Engineers 2021, Technical.ly’s curated list of influential developers and technologists.
Beep beep, coming through! Robot delivery service Kiwibot is adding more delivery bots to nearby streets in the coming weeks.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
Back to school, and into STEM. Here are 10 programs in the area that can introduce youth to robotics, computer science, and more.
And if you want Pittsburgh tech news like this in your inbox each weekday, subscribe to Technical.ly’s daily newsletter.
- PNC is hiring for a variety of roles, including Software Architect, Data Engineer, Technology Engineer, and Software Developer Lead.
- Enmeshed in the world of peptide therapeutics? Peptioligics is looking for a Machine Learning Specialist to aid in the discovery and development of peptide science.
- Mayvue Solutions is seeking a Software Project Manager.
- Scale products and lead the Growth team as a Senior Software Engineer at MakeSpace.
- LANXESS Corp. is searching for a Senior Analyst – Data & Compliance.
- Head in the cloud? Bodo is hiring a Technical Lead/Senior Software Engineer with a specialty in cloud infrastructure.
- eNGINE is on the lookout for a Security Engineer.
- Looking for a fresh start? Fifth Season is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to help transform the indoor vertical farming industry.
- CivicScience is searching for a Senior Data Engineer.
- Work within the world of high-performance computers? Join Carnegie Mellon University’s Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center as a Systems Automation Engineer.
- IAM Robotics is hiring a Computer Vision Software Engineer.
- Join 412 Food Rescue in its mission to make food waste obsolete. The team is seeking a Data & BI Analyst.
- Deeplocal is searching for a Full Stack Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- KickUp is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Join Tempest in its mission to empower local organizations through online support. The team is looking for a Web Project Manager.
- QuotaPath is searching for a Solutions Consultant.
When in doubt, throw on something black and gold, and root for “sports.”
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.