Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
It was the sensible winter jacket and manila envelope heard ‘round the world. The internet seemingly exploded last week after Sen. Bernie Sanders’ appearance at the presidential inauguration. Photoshoppers and social media managers alike had a field day inserting Bernie into every imaginable scene and 24 hours later, there’s a good chance your mom sent you one of them.
All because someone is staying true to themselves. Just remember that the next time you think you need to be someone else to get noticed.
Last week we teased a delicious new addition to our newsletter lineup. Sign up here to subscribe to Technical.ly’s new Culture Builder Newsletter, chock full of content for all you trailblazing connoisseurs of company culture out there. Side note: You don’t actually have to be a connoisseur, we just adore an apt application of alliterative address.
Explore playwright August Wilson’s Pittsburgh through augmented reality. A soon-to-be released mobile app developed by Carnegie Mellon University students for the August Wilson House will allow users to take a step back in time and explore the Hill District from the 1910s up to the 1960s.
Pittsburgh-born Shark Mark Cuban announced plans to launch Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug Company to produce inexpensive generic drugs.
A little bit of Pittsburgh headed to space last week. Three small satellites produced by CMU’s Robotics Institute launched on a NASA mission to study the viability of autonomous satellite flight.
- PNC is looking for a System Reliability and Support Lead.
- Help life science startups accelerate their business as LifeX Labs’ Part-time Executive in Residence.
- Nextlink Labs is hiring a Senior Backend Engineer – Ruby.
- Hiring surge! Noctem is filling a variety of roles, including Backend Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers.
- ChemImage is searching for a DevOps Engineer.
- Technology consulting firm OpenArc is searching for a C# Developer.
- CGI is keeping an eye out for a Business Systems Analyst.
- Combine your love for technology and education as Carnegie Learning’s Senior Director of Software Development.
- Oxford Solutions is seeking a Big Data Architect for a client’s growing software team.
- Dive into the world of cybersecurity technologies at General Dynamics as a Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Engineer.
- Zoom is searching for a Technical Writer.
- Innovative the world of self-driving industrial vehicles as a Linux Engineer for Seegrid.
The Remote Jobs
- Creative Multimedia Solutions is looking for an SEO Specialist on a freelance basis.
- Design for good as a User Experience Designer with B Corp Azavea.
- Opinew is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer.
Wear a coat, stay warm, and be true to yourself. You never know who’s paying attention. And remember to text your mom back, even if you’ve already seen the meme. See you next week!
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.