Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
You get a vaccine, and you get a vaccine!
While cooped up at home, huddled under a sweatshirt and pile of blankets, hours into a doomscrolling session, you probably fantasized about what you’d do when the world finally returned to a semblance of normalcy. It’s inevitable. And you wouldn’t be alone if you did so; Oprah announced her post-vaccinated plans, and it involved a lot of tacos and friends. She’s never wrong.
Thinking of vaccines, the Twitter account @USVaccineCount tracks the percentage of U.S. citizens who are fully vaccinated day by day. And the progress is slow, but we’re getting to a brand new world. What’s that old adage about winning the race?
Maybe “slow and steady” is an on-the-nose assessment of what the job process tends to feel like. At Technical.ly, we do believe all of that dragging hard work and spent energy, cold emails and nerve-wracking networking will result in a lovely email that starts with “Congratulations!” one day. And for now, you’ve got us.
At Technical.ly, our world is expanding a bit. Last week, we announced our acquisition of Pittsburgh startup chronicler StartNow PGH. That doesn’t mean we’re going anywhere, Philly — just expanding our mission to cultivate flourishing coverage of local media business in different markets.
Amazon is expanding its footprint locally as well with plans to open four new delivery stations in the Philadelphia region in 2021.
With all this growth and change, you never really have to go that far from Philly for the next exciting opportunity that’s around the corner. This we already knew, but it seems like the folks at Fortune agree, naming four PA businesses to its 2021 list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Keep an eye out for this new face on the beat in D.C.: Michaela Althouse is joining Technical.ly as a reporter to lead coverage of technology careers, growing businesses and the changing economy in the DMV. If the name sounds familiar, she was a Technical.ly editorial intern reporting on Philadelphia in 2019.
- Can I please get a one-way ticket to Tempest, a destination advocacy org that offers a variety of creative solutions and open jobs:
- Hedge your bets at Penn Interactive, the developer of the Barstool Sportsbook app:
- It’s always Earth Day at Inspire, the eco-minded tech firm:
- Strike a pose and strut into URBN for that first day:
- For a company founded in 1847, Penn Mutual is pretty forward-thinking. Help the company stay on tech’s cutting edge as a Product Systems Specialist.
- Radian seeks a Senior Application Engineer — RVP-ODM.
- Bunker down at smart home tech provider STRATIS IoT with this slate of open opportunities:
- Cash in as the Senior Website Manager at WSFS Bank.
- Forge a path forward as B Lab’s Lead Product Manager of Impact.
Maybe tacos are best enjoyed in bed? Test out that theory with these fully remote job opportunities:
- Remote Senior Python Developer at Itemize
- Remote Senior Web Application Developer (Bingham Farms, MI) at the Cultural Intelligence Center
- Data Quality Engineer at Axios
Speaking of changing environments, it’s Earth Day on Thursday, so make sure you take some time to get some fresh air and enjoy your surroundings (also, shoutout to our eco-friendly sponsor this week, Finite Carbon!).
Good luck with your week, friends! See you next time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.