Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The Phanatic can cross that chore off his to-do list.
Break out your brooms. Over the weekend, the Philadelphia Phillies swept the New York Mets in a three-game showdown that ended on a perfectly sunny Sunday afternoon.
The Phils’ 3-0 victory on Sunday was their eighth W in a row — the longest winning streak our hometown team has seen in 10 years. Dang. Patience is a virtue, but especially so for Philly sports fans.
Channel that feel-good, winning energy into the rest of your week. I’d say you’re ready to hit it out of the park this fine Tuesday, but a tried and true Philadelphian knows we prefer to ring the bell. Let’s play ball! (Or just tailgate at the Linc, both sound good to me.)
If you’re still daydreaming of #sportsball, the industry of competitive video gaming, or esports, is rapidly growing, but also facing the question of how to be more equitable.
Speaking of equity, a “lack of digital skills” for Black and Latinx candidates could contribute to less diverse hiring practices at tech companies. Here’s four ways tech can get past this unclear qualification to bridge the gap.
And for great talent, you only have to travel down Route 1. Delaware cinched the #10 spot on the top 10 list of tech talent powerhouse locations.
- Soar to new heights at the open sourced-focused cloud-hosting provider Linode:
- Looking to get back into the industry after taking some time off? Comcast has a Product Manager position open in a six-month program for candidates like you.
- Inspire is seeking a Manager of Digital Product Marketing.
- STRATIS is in need of a remote Senior Agile Project Manager. In the company’s own words, this new hire should be “a JIRA wizard and someone interested in leading teams developing smart home apps and webapps.” Interested parties should reach out to Jamie Hsu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support the life-savers at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia:
- The Springboard Collective can be your career’s next jumping off point:
- Make some noise at ChatterBlast Media. The company is hiring an Account Manager.
Like your home base? Work from the nosebleeds with these remote opportunities:
- Lead Editorial Copywriter at DoorDash
- Mobile Tech Lead at Five Below
- Head of Content at The Trevor Project
Off to buy some peanuts and Cracker Jack. Catch you next Tuesday!