Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
We aren’t complaining about the nostalgic tide of attention the internet paid to the late ‘90s and early ‘00s after the Britney Spears doc by the New York Times blew up last month. Take your crown, Ms. Spears, our eternal Princess of Pop.
But it’d be a disservice not to note the other divas to come out of an iconic generation of voices. Doylestown-born Pink stood out from the crowd in “Most Girls,” and then there was Christina Aguilera belting about redemption in “Fighter” (were boxing ring scenes mandatory for music videos in the 2000s?). Destiny’s Child gave us an everlasting karaoke jam with “Survivor,” and how can we ever repay Vanessa Carlton for the perfect driving crooner “A Thousand Miles“?
With songs like that (and many, many others), why haven’t we invented time travel so we can revisit the 2000s? Might just be a new quarantine project to embark on … or we can get back to that “Unwritten” job search.
Melissa Alam is the anti-sexism superstar of the week. The entrepreneurial leader of several projects, such as FearlessCon and ALAM Digital, publicized a misogynistic LinkedIn DM she received from a Philly nonprofit leader about her profile photo, sparking a valuable conversation on how NOT to address women in a professional space.
Michelai Graham is officially a former Technical.ly team member (we’ll miss you!). In this exit column, she recounts valuable insights about the changing #dctech scene and her own professional development after two and a half years of reporting for Technical.ly DC. And yes, that does mean we’re hiring a Lead Reporter for Technical.ly D.C., as well as an Editorial Director and Product Director.
- Was it your childhood dream to be an Avenger? Inspire is looking for:
- Penn Mutual is seeking a forward-thinking Product System Specialist.
- Don your finest garb for these roles at fashion brand parent URBN:
- The Tactile Group, a web and product design company, seeks a MySQL Administrator/Programmer.
- Wipe that poker face away and smile at the thought of these open positions at the online sports betting arm Penn Interactive:
- Tyndale Company wants you to be its next DevOps Engineer.
- Tap into your creative side for a two-year stint as Haverford College’s Digital Arts and Sculpture Technician.
- As the org’s Customer Support Coordinator, help Springboard Collective close the literacy gap for low-income families.
There aren’t office rules about blasting pop ballads when you work in your bedroom. Some fully remote opportunities:
- Fast-growing digital news company Axios is hiring a Full-Stack Engineer.
- Settle down as Restless Lab’s Quality Assurance Analyst/Engineer.
- Listrak is searching for a Remote Software Developer Engineering in Test.
Oops, we did TWIJ again. Go forth and seek jobs!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.