Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Did you know one in every five employees in the U.S. has signed a non-compete?
ICYMI, noncompetes can keep you from leaving your job and taking a role with a similar company, industry or business.
Until now. The Federal Trade Commission is considering a ban on the practice altogether, explaining that the agreements are unfair and can even hamper career growth.
Ready to make a move? This week’s opportunities are competing for your attention.
Viva Las Vegas! These Philly-area startups had a presence at CES 2023.
What is the Protecting American Intellectual Property Act, and how could it influence the safety of trade secrets moving forward?
A year in review. Here’s how VC spending in 2022 stacked up in:
- Start your engines! Moto enthusiast brand Comoto Holdings is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Inspire, a certified B-Corp dedicated to clean energy is seeking a Sr. Director, Power Settlements.
- Interested in a role at Technically Media? We’re searching for an Editorial Director.
- Jam out with Spotify. The company is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer Ad Tech and Staff Backend Engineer Music Platform.
- Global financial services group Macquarie is hiring a:
- Technology services firm Zivtech is seeking a Junior Drupal Developer.
- Magnar, a software securities solution, is searching for a Senior Android Engineer.
- Media, advertising, and commerce company Tidal Labs is looking for a Client Success Strategist.
- Financial management firm T. Rowe Price is on the lookout for a:
- Technically Media is on the lookout for a Baltimore Reporter.
- Switchboard is helping organizations pull meaningful insights from their data. The team is seeking a Data Scientist.
- Digital strategies firm MissionWired is hiring an Associate Software Engineer.
- PNC Financial Services is seeking several new roles, including:
- Marinus Analytics is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Ready to rethink waste? Roadrunner Recycling wants a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer.
Beat that noncompete, and we’ll see you next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.