Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The Loch Ness Monster lives! Or, more aptly, lived, according to a new study.
Turns out the plesiosaur, a prehistoric swimming dinosaur, spent lots of its time in freshwater, going against previously held notions. That means Nessie could be a descendant of the plesiosaur living in the freshwater of the Scottish Highlands.
While one of the most recent alleged sightings of the Loch Ness Monster was in 1975, the timing doesn’t quite add up. The plesiosaur probably went extinct about 66 million years ago.
The timelines may not align for Nessie, but it may be perfect timing for a new role. Check out this week’s job listings to learn more.
What’s “quiet quitting,” and how is it transforming workplace norms?
Morgan State is on track to become the country’s first R1 HBCU. Here’s how the designation could make a difference for campus research and funding.
The executive director of the Digital Harbor Foundation, Andrew Coy, shares his goals as the newest appointment to the City of Baltimore’s Board of School Commissioners.
Remote work is here to stay, but what about the loneliness that comes with it? Like|Minded aims to create a remote workplace culture with the help of its app.
- Experience design and software development firm Think Company is hiring an Engineering Manager.
- Help TWIJ reach more people as Technically Media’s Marketing and Engagement Specialist (Internship).
- STRATIS IoT wants to make apartments and buildings smarter and is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Wanna build analog tech? Oat Foundry is looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative.
- Tempest is hiring an Associate Web Developer to help build powerful websites for local community organizations.
- URBN is seeking a variety of hires, including:
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County is looking for a Communications Manager.
- Write for us! Technical.ly is seeking an Editorial Intern for DC and Baltimore.
- Digital agency MissionWired is hiring an Associate Data Scientist.
- PNC Financial Services is hiring a:
- Consulting and technology company Mayvue is looking for a Software Engineer (Mid-Senior Level) and a Human Resources Professional (Internship).
- Creative technology and advertising agency Deeplocal is searching for a Creative Technologist.
Keep your eyes on the water (and the jobs board). See you again soon!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.