Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Was there enough room for Leo on the floating door?
*Spoilers for 1997’s “Titanic” below.*
It’s the fan question that’s been plaguing James Cameron, director of “Titanic” and “Avatar,” for the past 25-plus years. Did Leo have to die, or was there enough room on the floating door for him and Kate to survive?
The question has come up so frequently that Cameron has commissioned a study on the scenario, to be released in a documentary next year with the rerelease of the record-breaking blockbuster.
While Cameron doesn’t love the question, he’s like a well-practiced job candidate, crafting a perfectly researched reply. It just goes to show even world-renowned directors get an interview question they dread every once in a while.
One thing you won’t be dreading? This week’s boatload of new opportunities.
What does it mean to hire for performance, not pedigree? Here’s the case for skills-based hiring in an increasingly chaotic application process.
Attention backseat drivers: Philadelphia’s Navy Yard is launching an autonomous shuttle.
T. Rowe Price’s engineering team has its head in the clouds. Here’s how the company supports cloud engineering according to lead architect Debdutta Das.
Sickweather, the Baltimore-founded company tracking the spread of illness, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Join our team! Technically Media is in search of an Editorial Director.
- Spotify is searching for a Senior Project Manager: Content Intelligence.
- Help bridge the gap between homeowners and leaders with fintech startup FinLocker. The company is hiring a UI/UX Product Designer and UI/UX Product Design Consultant (Contract).
- Inspire is on a mission to provide clean energy to all. The certified B corp is searching for a:
- Pinnacle 21 helps streamline the regulatory approval process for drugs and medical devices and is looking for a:
- Global financial services group Macquarie is seeking a:
- Advertising and commerce startup Tidal Labs is looking for a Sr. Client Success Strategist.
- Wawa is hiring a:
- Investment management firm T. Rowe Price is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Tech Congress has opened its application for Congressional Innovation Fellow (Summer 2023).
- National nonprofit the Education Design Lab is looking for an Education Designer.
- Marinus Analytics is using data and AI to improve global and local public safety. The team needs a Senior Software Engineer.
- PNC Financial Services is seeking a:
- Drive into the future with Aurora. The autonomous vehicle startup is hiring an Autonomy Systems and Safety Engineer.
Float on, and we’ll see you in the new year!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.