Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Most of us have heard the vague statistic that something like 70% of your body heat escapes through your head. So if you’ve been begrudgingly donning cap after cap this season to keep warm, we’re here to set the record straight.
According to research from Andew Maynard, a professor at University of Michigan, wearing a hat can help keep you warm, but it’s not nearly as important as many assume. Bottom line: Don’t believe that a warm beanie, sans winter coat, is going to trap the heat in as you trample outside.
Now that you’ve ditched your winter wear and fixed up that hat hair, let’s look at this week’s jobs.
Corporate wellness company On the Goga is joining Techstars and taking its IRL wellness product digital.
How can we make a difference? In this week’s Culture Builder Newsletter, Technically Media’s CEO Chris Wink reveals some of the findings of Technical.ly’s five-year strategic vision.
From people management to technical problem-solving, here’s why Bobbie Johnson, SVP of PNC’s Tech Ops organization, is passionate about her work.
If they could turn back time … here’s what three of Delaware’s RealLIST Engineers would tell their younger selves before starting in tech.
- Interested in a role at Technically Media? We’re searching for an Editorial Director.
- Listen to this! Spotify is hiring an Applied Machine Learning Engineer and a Research Scientist (Summer Internship).
- T. Rowe Price has opened up hiring for remote roles, including:
- Read all about it! The Philadelphia Inquirer is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Penn State’s Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program (PennTAP) is seeking a Technical Advisor, Eastern PA to bolster engagement and training.
- Isn’t this convenient? Wawa is looking for a Distinguished Engineer.
- Pinnacle 21 is using tech to make the complicated process of clinical trials and regulatory approvals simpler. The company is seeking a:
- Global financial services group Macquarie is looking for a Service Desk Analyst.
- Invest in your future in an on-site role at T. Rowe Price. The management firm is seeking a:
- Come work with us! Technically Media is seeking a Baltimore Reporter and Editorial Intern.
- Switchboard is helping organizations pull meaningful insights from their data. The team is seeking a Data Scientist.
- XPrize winning technology company Marinus Analytics is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- PNC Financial Services needs a:
- How’s your Duolingo streak? The language learning startup is hiring a VP of People Business Partners.
Stay warm (hat or no) and we’ll see you next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.