Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Bachelor Nation is going golden.
The popular ABC franchise “The Bachelor,” where singles look for love, is getting a spinoff, the network announced this week.
“The Golden Bachelor” will follow the 71-year-old father of two, Gerry Turner, as he looks for love. Producers are seeking women in their golden age (65+) to pair up with Gerry.
While this isn’t the reality show’s first spinoff, it’s the first to feature a decidedly different age group. There’s no wrong age to look for love! Just like there’s no wrong time to seek out a new gig.
Speaking of, we’re rich with new opportunities this week.
Can virtual reality foster community? Here’s how DC-area startup Vita Vita is using the technology to help older adults find connection and enrichment.
Forget power lunches. Pittsburgh’s Dinks and Deals events are bringing area entrepreneurs together over rounds of pickleball.
The Supreme Court’s ruling regarding Biden loan forgiveness was a blow to many borrowers, but here’s how changes to income-driven repayment plans could mean federal student loan forgiveness for over 800,000 people.
Technology and healthcare company NeuroFlow’s leadership development program is upskilling employees, fostering culture and boosting retention.
Philly + Delaware
- CubeSmart is hiring a:
- Healthcare and data company HealthVerity is seeking a:
- Financial services firm Vanguard is searching for a Mid Level Application Engineer.
- Immersive game studio Vizmoo is on the lookout for a Game/VR Developer (Contract).
DC + Baltimore
- Integrated marketing and PR agency The Brand Guild is looking for a Digital Marketing Associate.
- National Public Radio is hiring a Lead Software Engineer.
- Johns Hopkins University is searching for a Systems Engineer.
- Robotic farming startup Four Growers is seeking a Director of Hardware.
- Self-driving startup Aurora is on the lookout for a Software Engineer, ML Accelerators.
- Experiential innovation studio Deeplocal is looking for a Fabricator.
- Social change and mobilization platform Change.org is hiring an Analyst.
- Run for Something is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to bolster its technology platform.
- Fundraising platform for nonprofits Give Lively is looking for a Full Stack Engineer.
- Code for America wants a Senior Software Engineer.
Will you accept this
rose new role? Catch you back here next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.