Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Movie fans have reason to celebrate early this morning. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences revealed this year’s Oscars nominees.
Was your favorite movie of 2022 nominated? Favorite performance snubbed? Have a full list of movies to catch up on before the big night?
Regardless of this morning’s outcome, it’s a fun time to celebrate the year in film and recognize artists’ achievements.
Speaking of reasons to celebrate — we’ve got a full list of nominees for your next big role below.
The future is freelance, Technical.ly CEO Christopher Wink writes in this week’s Culture Builder Newsletter, but what does that mean in the wake of recent economic slowdowns?
How can Maryland bridge the gap between access and opportunities in the life science space? Finding a solution was top of mind last week at Maryland Tech Council’s Annapolis Day Advocacy Summit.
When it comes to its potential in the innovation economy, Pennsylvania is falling short, according to a recent Brookings Metro report. Here’s how the state, at large, can take advantage of its skilled and growing workforce.
BigBear.ai is taking off, literally and figuratively. The Columbia, Maryland-based cybersecurity company just announced a $900 million contract with the US Air Force.
- Interested in a role at Technically Media? We’re searching for an Editorial Director.
- Do you hear that? Spotify is hiring an Applied Machine Learning Engineer and Research Scientist in Personalization (Summer Internship).
- Perpay is making financial literacy easier for everyone. The fintech company is seeking a Senior UI Designer and Senior Data Engineer.
- Rev up for a role in the moto-sports space. Comoto is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Read all about it! The Philadelphia Inquirer is searching for a Software Engineer.
- Penn State University’s Technical Assistance Program (PennTAP) wants a Technical Advisor to help build relationships with small- to mid-sized manufacturers.
- Join the team at T. Rowe Price. The financial management firm is searching for:
- Technically Media is on the lookout for a Baltimore Reporter and Editorial Intern.
- Candid creates comprehensive data tools to better understand the operations of nonprofits, foundations, and grants. The team is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- The Aerospace Corporation is hiring an Engineering Manager (Embedded and Specialized Computing Dept).
- PNC Financial Services is hiring for several new roles, including:
- Experimental advertising agency Deeplocal is looking for an Education Coordinator to head up its new creative technology apprenticeship program, GIZMOLOGY.
- Carnegie Mellon University is creating an Online Education Unit and needs a Marketing Specialist to help head up the initiative.
Don’t forget to thank us in your (job) acceptance speech. We’ll see you next time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.