Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
It looked like a foregone conclusion that the shutdown of Tiktok in the U.S. would be another weird footnote in the annals of 2020. Would Gen Z find a new platform where they can make fun of millennials? Can dads ever find an audience for their newfound love of dance choreography?
Before we brace for the worst, Microsoft has rushed in to potentially save the day.
Anything can happen at this point, but that’s also the beauty. Lemonade can be made even from geopolitical lemons. While no one likes uncertainty, big things can still happen during unpredictable times. So if you’re looking for a new opportunity, TWIJ has some fresh-squeezed job openings ready for the taking.
Armed with a new $1 million capital infusion, Warrendale-based cybersecurity startup FifthWall Solutions announced it will expand its staff by a dozen or so in the next year — good news for you, jobseeking reader!
Technical.ly’s annual Super Meetup is going virtual next Thursday the 13th, and promises to keep things fresh with trivia and lightning tech talks. Find out more and register here to join the fun with technical Meetup groups from all over the mid-Atlantic.
Check out this look back at a 1995 record-breaking AV trip from Pittsburgh to San Diego by Carnegie Mellon University researchers, a milestone in an industry that is still thriving locally today. Reader warning: pleated khakis appear in this story.
The Local Jobs
- Back end extraordinaires, Mindera is hiring a Senior Java Developer.
- So is OpenArc, which is looking for a Senior Java Developer to lead a team and mentor junior developers.
- Software consulting firm IQ Inc. is searching for a gifted Software Project Manager.
- On the front end of things, Wolfe, LLC has a call out for a UX Designer/Developer.
- Pyramid Consulting Group has a Pittsburgh client with an immediate need for an experienced FULL STACK JAVA DEVELOPER, in all caps mind you.
- HDJ & Associates is searching on behalf of its client for a VP of Consumer Experience to get different sides of a business working in sync.
- Argo AI is hiring a Robotics Engineer, Hardware Special Projects to work on research and development.
- BNY Mellon is looking to add a Lead Analyst in Data Management and Quantitative Analysis to crunch the numbers.
- Who knows how important this field really is, but Carnegie Mellon University is hiring a Full Stack Engineer for help with research and development in online learning.
- AVer Seegrid needs a Director of Product Fulfillment and Operations to be a lead on the logistics side of things.
- Zoom, no doubt a contender for word of the year, needs a MacOS Software Engineer.
- A promising little company called Google is looking for a Technical Writer in Software Engineering.
The Remote Jobs
- Synthetic Minds is looking for a Remote Software Engineer with experience in program synthesizers.
- If you’re excited about manufacturing and robotics, READY Robotics is looking for its own Remote Software Engineer.
- Scalable Path is on the search for a Frontend React and HTML5 Developer.
We hope you’re quenched and refreshed. TWIJ will loop back next week with a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.