Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
As international eyes stay fixed on the District as we approach the inauguration next week, there’s arguably no better time to put local culture front and center. The good folks at Worthwhiler compiled a 51-track playlist of the ”best songs to come out of the 51st state” — aka D.C. — in 2020.
What better soundtrack for browsing the latest DMV job openings?
Readers — and coffee, lots of coffee — are our fuel here at Technical.ly. That’s why we love meeting you at our events, hearing your thoughts on our stories, and why we’re sharing what we’re planning to write about in the year ahead. Take a look at our editorial calendar for 2021, leading with a look at what’s next for our economy, and if you’ve got an idea or know someone who’s doing something newsworthy, let us know.
This microgreen subscription service hopes to go macro: Bloom Box in Baltimore is sending fresh greens to customers’ doors. The sprouting company started as a class project at the University of Baltimore.
A Baltimore computer-repair shop has blossomed into something more: M.A.P.S., boasting 20 years in downtown Baltimore, has become a community center and burgeoning esports hub, offering Fortnite classes, coding bootcamps and even finance lessons. It’s currently renovating a 10,000-square-foot space downtown, complete with a video game lounge that will double as a community gathering space.
- You heard it here first, folks. Technically Media is hiring for two big remote-flexible roles:
- The Editorial Director will oversee and improve the newsroom, grow our audience and engage the community.
- The Product Director will take our products and services — such as the ones that drive value for our Talent Pro community of employer brands — to new heights.
- CareFirst is hiring a Lead Data Warehouse Engineer. Let us know how they’ve figured out how to pack metadata on pallets.
- Ordway is seeking a Full-Stack Developer. Don’t stack too high or you’ll hear from the Warehouse Engineer.
- Get hitched to this listing: The Knot Worldwide is looking for a Software Engineer. Bonus points if you list your qualifications in a registry.
- Pie Insurance — as in pie insurance, not pie insurance — is hiring a Staff Software Development Engineer in Test — SDET.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help keep those clouds in line.
- Help keep Charm City running: The Baltimore City Office of Information & Technology is looking for a Help Desk Technician.
- RocketDocs is hiring a Product Owner.
- Accenture Federal Services in Aberdeen is seeking a Federal – SQL Developer.
- ECS in Fairfax is hiring a Full-Stack Cloud Developer.
- Booz Allen Hamilton in Chantilly is seeking a Software Test Engineer, Junior.
- If you understand what “transparent SOC-as-a-service” means, Expel in Herndon is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- The cloud-based restaurant management platform xtraCHEF is hiring a Senior Product Manager, Digital Payments.
- Axios is seeking a Senior React Native Engineer (Mobile).
If jazz is more your speed, Capital Bop highlighted the best albums from DMV artists in 2020 (shout out to 730DC for highlighting these local finds).
Keep it cool out there on the job hunt, and stay safe!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.