Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Slow Ride, Take It Easy
If, for some reason, you need a distraction today, consider a quick trip to Norway.
Through the magic of YouTube and the laid-back team at SlowTV, you can enjoy a soothing 10-hour, front-seat journey aboard a train to the Arctic Circle.
You can ride the rails in any of the four seasons while you crank out cover letters or simply let the scenery slip by. The Wi-Fi will surely be better than on any Amtrak; just know you’re going to have to supply your own dining car.
How can you build a resilient organization? Join Technical.ly’s sister site, Generocity, for this year’s ADVANCE digital conference next Thursday, Nov. 12, featuring dynamic discussions on impact, philanthropy and recovery.
Stay safe while supporting your local corner store. Lula is connecting neighbors with their nearby bodega, providing eco-friendly delivery for a low subscription fee. Now that quart of milk or roll of toilet paper or upscale bag of coffee is just a thumb-click away.
Only 1% of decision makers at large venture capital firms in 2018 identified as Black. Likewise, just 1% of VC dollars that year went to Black startup founders. For its most recent episode, Off the Sidelines — an investor education podcast produced by Technical.ly and sponsored by Project Entrepreneur, a program by UBS — dove into the topic of how white investors can best combat racial inequality in venture capital.
- Ax gonna give it to ya: Axios is hiring a Senior Mobile Engineer.
- GetUpside, get on up. The e-commerce platform is seeking a Senior Software Engineer – Data Engineering.
- Dignari is looking for a Technical Project Manager.
- The Washington Post is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Help doctors digitally concur in real-time: Vigilant Medical in Baltimore is hiring a Medical Software Engineer (Full-Stack).
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- eOriginal in Baltimore is looking for a Software Support Engineer.
- Aidar Health in Baltimore is hiring a Software Engineer.
- DivvyCloud in Arlington is seeking a Software Engineer.
- National Student Clearinghouse (so that’s where they come from) in Herndon is hiring a Scrum Master.
- Expel, which I’m guessing is the Wario to Excel’s Mario, is looking for a Software Engineer (Full-Stack).
- The e-commerce platform Bonfire is hiring a Remote Director of Engineering.
- Pie Insurance is seeking a Remote Senior Back-End Software Engineer.
- Sparrow is looking for a Remote iOS Developer. “A big plus” if “you love golf.”
If train footage doesn’t do it for you, consider making your own Joy Tool Kit, or explore other relaxing selections from the people at SlowTV, including “Fluffy Clouds Over New York,” or staring at a literal eye for 10 hours (for all you aspiring Sarumans). Or, if you’re looking to drive your roommates insane, this.
Good luck out there on the job hunt!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.