Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Get Behind the (Ferris) Wheel and Take Off
Waiting for a return call from a potential employer can be agonizing. Minutes feel like hours, and hours feel like days. But it’s crucial to remember to remain patient because good news could be coming your way soon.
Maryland residents know this feeling all too well as a historic tradition has returned. The Maryland State Fair returned Thursday last week after being cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic, much to the delight of locals.
So the next time you’re holding out hope for some good news, remember to be patient and remain optimistic.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
As part of Technical.ly’s RealLIST Series, you can help honor the most influential technologists in your local community. Nominate who you believe is most deserving of a spot on the RealLIST Engineers 2021.
With summer nearly over, check out some upcoming events in your local tech community to attend before we transition to fall.
Dating app CarpeDM is launching this fall, looking to give Black women an opportunity to make connections in the DMV.
Check out what’s in store for DC Startup Week this October.
- Open Gov Hub is searching for an Operations and Facility Manager.
- Retail tech company GetUpside is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer.
- Interested in using data to drive academic decision making? Join Interfolio as a Data Integration Engineer.
- Baltimore-based custom web and mobile app company SmartLogic is hiring a Software Developer.
- cloudtamer.io is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Engineering firm Wrench is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Axios needs a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
- CareJourney is hiring a Data Engineer.
- Pluribus Digital is seeking to hire a Front End Developer.
- Accruvia is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer.
- OperateBeyond is searching for a PHP Developer.
- QuotaPath is on the lookout for a Full Stack Engineer.
Pick me up some fried Oreos for next week. Thanks in advance.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.