Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
A gorge-ous getaway
If the past couple weeks have you feeling like you need to escape from it all, the nation’s newest national park is now just a few hours from the DMV. New River Gorge in West Virginia (just how new is it?) features some of the East Coast’s best rock climbing and white water rafting, plus 100 miles of hiking and biking trails.
And, hey, for you HR folks out there, a 24-inch steel catwalk beneath the towering New River Gorge Bridge offers a perfect team-building opportunity (well, maybe not perfect for your acrophobic coworkers).
Heads up: Technical.ly is priming to launch Culture Builder, a new weekly email newsletter. It will in no way replace TWIJ, ‘cuz it focuses more on those doing the hiring, rather than those seeking to be hired (so you can put your protest signs down). Culture Builder is designed for hiring managers, HR leaders and startup CEOs, and will feature tips and insight into how your org can be more effective, productive and happy. Stayed tuned for next week’s TWIJ when we share the signup link.
It’s been three months since the mobile and web application company SmartLogic picked up its plants and went fully remote. The once-Baltimore-based team has spearheaded a range of projects from the crime aggregator SpotCrime to software that ran on the International Space Station. (Hopefully it wasn’t SpotCrime?) If that sounds intriguing, note that they’re hiring.
From a leadership development talk to inauguration remote watch parties, Technical.ly DC’s got the inside track on events this week in the District’s tech community. Check out the rundown here.
MDReady and its Spanish-language version, MDListo, is helping Maryland officials keep residents up to date on the COVID-19 vaccine. The state’s health services hotline, 211 Maryland, is harnessing the platforms to proactively contact residents about the rollout.
- The management consulting firm Guidehouse is hiring a Software Developer.
- Morning Consult is seeking a Scrum Master.
- Booz Allen Hamilton is looking for an Information Systems Security Officer. Let us know if the role comes with a badge.
- American Psychological Association is hiring an Application Developer. Bonus points if your cover letter is a Rorschach blot.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is seeking a Director of Engineering.
- CareFirst in Baltimore is looking for a Senior Executive Support Engineer. Hopefully the desk chairs come with executive (lumbar) support.
- Immuta in College Park is hiring a Software Tester.
- Redjack in Silver Spring is seeking a Software Developer.
- Politico in Arlington is looking for a Software Engineer.
- ECS in Arlington is hiring a Configuration Manager — Junior.
- Splunk, the sound my bowl of spaghetti made when my dog knocked it off the coffee table last night, is seeking a Software Engineer in McLean.
- Fulton Bank is looking for a Senior Salesforce Solutions Developer.
- Advicefront — party in the back? — is hiring a Remote Senior Back-End Developer
- The Finnish firm Cluby is seeking a Remote React Software Developer.
New River Gorge is a good four hours from D.C. Good thing, then, that SiriusXM and the Howard University Radio Network are playing go-go every Saturday and Sunday.
Enjoy the DMV jams, be safe out there, and good luck on the job hunt!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.