Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Do you even bake, bro?
We’re more than a year into pandemic-normal, and while the end finally seems to be in sight, we’re also getting some indications of which COVID practices will stick with us.
While Zoom drinks and sudden surges in demand for toilet paper will be out (thank goodness), the ecommerce analytics platform Profitero says hand sanitizer, bread-baking and sweatpants seem here to stay. Look, as long as I can keep saying “Arise, Loaf Vader” each time I take the latest no-knead out of the oven, that’s all good with me.
Onto the jobs:
Cool job alert: The Maryland Food Bank is hiring a Head of Product. You’ll be harnessing data analysis, mapping, and other tools to help address food insecurity across the state. If you’d like to see more neat opportunities like this, check out our column called — you guessed it — Cool Job Alert.
If you’re in Baltimore, our weekly Resource Roundup has the rundown on opportunities for startups, nonprofits and students. This week: a $1 million grant program for nonprofits raising cybersecurity awareness, a chance to join the Baltimore BioCrew, and more.
Which DMV startups made the list of the 250 fastest-growing tech firms in the region? Check out the list from Inc., which includes FiscalNote, Homesnap and Leap. We knew them when!
- Become one with Technically Media: We’re hiring a Lead Reporter for Technical.ly DC. You’ll report on the District’s tech and innovation economy, including the companies, workforce and support systems that underpin it. Take it from us: It’s a sweet gig.
- Quorum Analytics is seeking a Product Marketing Manager.
- The VR startup Floreo is looking for a Software Engineer, Gaming. The team is building VR content to help individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD practice skills in a safe, repeatable environment. Pretty cool.
- Upside Business Travel is hiring a Director of Engineering.
- If you really want to get in on the ground floor, Parity Homes in Baltimore is looking for a Technical Co-Founder – Automated Housing Construction.
- SmartLogic in Baltimore is seeking a Sales Engineer with “programming experience, excellent written and verbal communication, experience working in sales, and with the ability to translate application requirements into a proposal.”
- InVita Healthcare Technologies in Baltimore is hiring a Product Owner/Specialist.
- Softrams in Woodlawn is seeking a Scrum Master.
- Axios in Arlington is hiring a Software Engineer.
- The fintech firm StreetShares is looking for a Senior Fullstack (Python) Engineer.
- If “the thought of a fully immutable infrastructure gives you goosebumps” — look, whatever gets you through the day — Expel is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Comcast is hiring a Data Scientist 3, Analytics & Experimentation Platform.
- Resilient Coders, a highly competitive, free and stipended nonprofit coding bootcamp, is seeking a Director of Talent Placement (BD/Sales).
- The healthcare company Tendo — not to be confused with tendies — is looking for a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer.
That’s it for this week. Good luck out there on the job hunt!