Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Doom-scrolling? You’re not alone.
We won’t pretend that things aren’t tough right now, but we thought we’d offer a few digital respites for when you need to step away and recharge. Inspired by Wordle, here’s a few spin-offs to try when you need to step away:
- Worldle (Wordle, but countries)
- Quordle (Wordle, but big)
- Framed (Wordle, but movies)
- Nerdle (Wordle, but math)
- Squirdle (Wordle, but Pokémon)
If you’re looking for more distractions, we’ve got quite a few opportunities below.
In this week’s edition of the Culture Builder newsletter, we’re lifting the curtain behind Technical.ly’s racial equity process and asking other companies to do the same.
Funding is hard, and finding investors who share your values is even trickier. Here’s a founder diligence checklist courtesy of law firm Ballard Spahr.
CJ Pagan, GIS team lead at Camden-based Hopeworks, shares their experience growing up in the digital divide in light of the nonprofit’s spring hackathon.
Sarah Foss and Kevin Greenwald, CTO and VP of Audacy, share the future of audio, podcasts and technology.
- Everytown for Gun Safety is looking for a Director of Digital Technology.
- Certified B Corp Inspire is seeking a Member Experience Specialist.
- Into the internet of things? STRATIS IoT is hiring a Python Developer.
- Got an eye for design? Munroe Design Group is searching for a Web Developer.
- Infinite Blue is hiring for multiple roles, including:
- Want to clear up the confusion around dental care? Kleer is looking for a Partner Development Manager.
- Perpay is developing financial products for everyday people, and needs a Senior Data Engineer.
- Cloud enablement solution Kion is looking for a Product Management Director and a Senior Account Executive – Federal Civilian.
- Online advertising disruptor Media Tradecraft is searching for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Innovation Works of Baltimore is seeking a Business Systems Analyst.
- Ready to steel your way into Pittsburgh journalism? Technically Media is hiring a Pittsburgh Reporter.
- PNC Financial Services is looking for a variety of candidates, including:
- Innovation Works, the largest early-stage tech startup investor in Southwest Pennsylvania, is looking for a Portfolio Executive, Life Sciences.
Don’t forget to take care of yourself. We’ll see you next week after the holiday.