Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
In a week where no less than three cats made cameos on various Zoom calls, we had to ask, “What’s with cats and laptops?”
Some cats will take any opportunity to jump on an owner’s keyboard, creeping into view on calls and leading to unwanted typos in your Slack channel (“Sorry that was my cat,” seems to be an increasing excuse).
While some owners have had luck setting up decoy laptops for their cats to lounge on, animal experts doubt your pet wants to take up typing.
More likely, they hop to your lap (and thus laptop) seeking attention, pats, and a warm spot to curl up. Unfortunately, amending this behavior often means ignoring them, even as they block your webcam.
If a cat in the chat is the least of your worries when it comes to working, check out this week’s opportunities below.
As part of the City of Philadelphia’s PHL: Most Diverse Tech Hub initiative, Technical.ly is hosting a series of free monthly virtual workshops. The first one is tomorrow, Wednesday, March 30, and will feature Verizon Chief of Staff Amber Jones discussing “Creating A Workplace Culture of Belonging.” Register for free here.
The metaverse may be technology’s latest buzzword, but how can we make this new wave of internet inclusive? A doctoral candidate in communication at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Breigha Adeyemo, dives into the topic.
Wondering if your employer will foster career growth? Here are the questions to ask during the interview process.
- Wanna work with us? Technically Media is seeking an Editorial Director.
- Komoot is looking for a Senior iOS Developer to help its team of five perfect its iOS app.
- Head in the clouds? You could be the perfect fit at Kion, the Maryland-based start-up perfecting cloud technology. The team is looking for a:
- Want to simplify the way teams work in the cloud? Philly-based Linode is hiring a:
- Infinite Blue creates extendable apps for organizational resiliency and low-code development. The Collegeville, PA company is searching for a Product Marketing Manager.
- Attention makers! Temple University is on the lookout for a Makerspace Manager.
- Inspire is hiring a Sr. Manager, Acquisition Strategy to help accelerate its mission of delivering clean energy to all.
- Vanguard in Malvern, PA is looking for a:
- Looking to make it in media? Arlington-based Axios is hiring for several roles, including:
- SmartLogic is a growing software development consultancy, and is looking for a:
- Searching for a career in financial services? PNC is hiring for several roles in the area, including:
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Marketing Department is looking for a Senior Front End Developer.
- Have a way with numbers? Duolingo is seeking a Staff Accountant, Travel and Expense.
May your week be the cat’s meow. See you again soon!