Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Today marks the 139th anniversary of the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge. At the time, in 1883, it was the largest suspension bridge built to date.
What makes this feat notable is how the technology grew. The suspension bridge made it easier to connect further and further spans of space, thanks to the bridge’s ability to create stability, even across major distances.
You may not be an engineer designing bridges, but there’s something to be said for bridging the gap between two faraway places, be that physical locations, or ideas.
You may think that a new opportunity is out of reach, but you can stretch your knowledge and experiences further than you realize.
The Technical.ly jobs board just launched a spiffy new redesign. Check it out and find your next role!
What is synthetic data, and how could it be the “next big thing” for cybersecurity? Thomas George, senior systems engineer at Vidoori, breaks it down.
For sales development representative Eli Salls, finding a job was more like a walk in the park than a trip to the dentist. Here’s how Salls found his way to dental practice software service Kleer. (Psst: It includes browsing our newly redesigned jobs board!)
If you build it, will they come? In the latest Ask a Marketer column, Sean Sutherland tackles building brand followers on social media.
Is your engineering team enraged over its on-call rotation? It may be time for an overhaul, advises engineering manager Leemay Nassery.
The national nonprofit Founders First, which brings resources to revenue-generating companies led by underrepresented founders, is offering a series of grant programs that combine cash awards combined with full tuition scholarships to its business accelerators.
- Tune up your career with Spotify — the audio streaming service is in search of a Staff Machine Learning Engineer.
- Guru is reimagining the way people share information in the workplace. The Philly-founded, remote company is hiring a:
- Clean energy startup Inspire is looking for a Senior Manager, Acquisition Strategy.
- Audio platform Audacy is searching for a Cloud Architect.
- Venture for America is hiring a Director for its Philadelphia operations.
- Commission tracking and compensation management platform QuotaPath is seeking to fill several roles, including:
- Passionate about advertising technology? Media Tradecraft is hiring a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer and an Ad Operations Manager.
- Kion is a fast-growing startup developing cloud-based solutions. The Fulton, MD-based team is searching for a:
- PNC Financial Services is looking for a variety of candidates, including:
- Interested in the intersection of technology and transportation? Software solutions startup Mayvue is looking for a Mid to Senior Level Software Engineer and a Cloud Engineer.
Hope this week’s intro wasn’t too much of a stretch. See you next week.