Power Moves is a column where we chart the comings and goings of talent across the region. Got a new hire, new gig or promotion? Email us at email@example.com.
Effective Monday, Arlington, Virginia-based data screening company Giant Oak has a new chief financial officer: Kenneth Friedli.
Friedli comes to the position from partnership and virtual CFO roles at Navigare Advisory Partners and Sage Business Group, with an additional stint as CFO for Fairfax’s Direct Holding’s Global. In the new role, he’ll be engaging investors and taking a lead on the company’s growth strategy. The company last raised in 2018, with $10 million from Edison Partners, which it used to double its staff size.
“As someone with a proven track record of improving operations, maximizing profits, and improving efficiency, I’m thrilled to bring my portfolio of expertise to Giant Oak and spearhead managing financial operations,” Friedli said in a statement. “I look forward to generating value for our investors and growing the company, while consistently providing our customers with the highest level of service.”
DataRobot, a Boston firm with DC offices, just added Paul DeLia to its government solutions team. DeLia was previously the corporate VP and CTO of L3 Technologies, an aerospace and defense company.
In the new role, DeLia said he’s looking to increase DataRobot’s leadership in the AI space when it comes to US national security.
“The Department of Defense increasingly relies on networked robotic systems to work symbiotically with traditional platforms in performing their mission—a concept known as many, small, smart and connected,” DeLia told Technical.ly. “My goal is for DataRobot to be the exoskeleton that enables this concept.”
Herndon, Virginia-based IT company Peraton named former Booz Allen Hamilton exec Rebecca McHale as chief information officer.
At Peraton, she’ll be leading the company’s digital transformation, supporting operation goals with tech and IT solutions and serving as the senior IT advisor to the executive team. On top of her CIO and chief information security officer (CISO) experience at Booz Allen, McHale held roles as the CISO for Blackboard, as well as leadership cybersecurity and IT roles with Novetta and CSRA.
The company also announced a pair of other C-suite moves: John Reing is chief human resources officer, and Lori Ellis is chief procurement officer.
Arlington’s Accenture Federal Services, a professional services organization, announced today that it added Rick Driggers to the team. Driggers, who formerly held roles at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), will be developing cybersecurity solutions for Accenture.
“A recent sharp rise in cyberattacks has disrupted the delivery of essential services and have made the public keenly aware of the need to harden our nation’s vulnerabilities.” Driggers said in a statement. “I look forward to this next chapter in my career dedicated to leveraging cutting edge technologies and the expertise of Accenture’s cybersecurity professionals to provide AFS’s customers with a proactive defense posture and end-to-end protection of their IT data, applications, and infrastructure.”
On top of the previous gig at the CISA, Driggers was also the principal deputy director of operations for the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center, and the director of data and systems integration policy for the National Security Council. His new role, Accenture said, will includes collaboration and other joint endeavors for the company’s global Cyber Fusion Centers, OT/ICS ranges, research, development, test and evaluation facilities.
Here are some bonus moves being made around the DMV:
- Tom Natelli, principal owner and CEO of real estate investment firm Natelli Communities, joined Quantum Loophole’s board of directors following an investment. The company recently announced plans for a new data center campus in Frederick, Maryland.
- DC solar and wind power-focused tech company Arcadia signed John Rucker on as its chief financial officer.
- McLean, Virginia-based Kajeet, a growth company in the connectivity space, appointed Anthony Shimkin as senior vice president of marketing.
- The Science Applications International Corporation appointed Heather Wilson to senior vice president of HR, Peter Kidd as senior vice president of Total Rewards and Ben Wanjara as corporate controller.
- The Healthcare Private Equity Association announced Paige Daly as the new association chair. Daly is currently a partner at Harvest Partners.
- Following the company’s $20 million Series B raise in February, WireWheel announces Mark DeBroeck as the company’s new chief revenue officer. It closely follows the appointment of Trevor Hellebuyck to the role of CTO in March.