Technical.ly believes in making the process of finding your next opportunity as simple as possible.
Hopefully, you’ve seen our increased focus on content about career growth, such as our This Week in Jobs newsletter, our growing local tech jobs board, or this month’s editorial focus on growth companies. That’s because we think that journalism helps us as an organization be smarter about how we deliver info about things we’re promoting — like by taking a deep dive into the data behind the scenes of our annual tech jobs fair, NET/WORK.
Will there be a job there for you on Thursday, March 18? That data says yes, emphatically.
Each year, we poll our attending companies about the roles they’ll have open at NET/WORK. This year, we heard from 30 of the 44 exhibiting companies. Below is a look at the type of work, experience levels, and salary expectations of the open roles that companies will be promoting at the event.
Let’s take a look at the jobs data:
Where are your jobs located?
- Philadelphia — 26 companies
- Baltimore — 8 companies
- Washington D.C. — 6 companies
- Pittsburgh — 5 companies
- Remote — 16 companies
What are the top categories of jobs that you can find at NET/WORK?
- Engineering/development — 170+ open positions
- Operations/product and project management — 52+ open positions
- UX/design — 45+ open positions
- Marketing and social — 42+ positions
- Sales and business development — 22+ open positions
- Other — 44+ open positions
In the total of surveyed and non-surveyed companies, you can expect to find more than 375 open positions at NET/WORK.
How many positions are you looking to fill right now?
- 5 companies are hiring for 1-2 positions
- 8 companies are hiring for 3-5 positions
- 9 companies are hiring for 6-10 positions
- 2 companies are hiring for 11-15 positions
- 1 company is hiring for 16-20 positions
- 5 companies are hiring for more than 20 positions
What do salaries look like across all roles?
As an optional question, we asked companies to share what their starting salaries were for the positions they have open and heard from 17 of the participating companies. Although it’s not a big sample size, we thought it would be interesting to share what we saw. Keep in mind, a “starting salary” in this case refers to what the salary is for a person that starts in that specific role, whether or not they are entry-level or require more than five years of experience.
What do salaries look like across development and engineering?
On average, how many years of experience are expected for the positions you are looking to fill?
We asked companies to tell us for each role (i.e. engineering or marketing) how many years of experience they’re expecting of their incoming candidates. We then took a weighted average of those answers to give a general range for each area.
Companies that you’ll meet at NET/WORK:
- 14 West
- Baltimore City Information & Technology
- Chariot Solutions
- Comcast TPX
- FORT Robotics
- Innovate PGH
- MindStand Technologies Inc.
- Penn Interactive
- The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Pinnacle 21
- Stratis IOT
- The Tactile Group
- Tech Impact
- Think Company
- Vanguard Innovation Studio
- Venture for America
- Verizon 5G
- Wilco Electronic Systems
Read more details about the Technical.ly Talent Pro companies you’ll meet at NET/WORK.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.