Leadership Maryland, the Annapolis-based nonprofit that runs a professional development program for executives from the public and private sector, today announced its class of 2022.
The organization’s 29th class will include 52 business and community leaders from across Maryland. During the eight-month program running from April to December, they will gather to learn about the state’s key issues centered around economic development, education, health and human services, criminal justice, the environment, and diversity.
“Once again, this year’s class selection process was one of the most competitive in our history, which is a great testament to the strength and impact of our program,” Leadership Maryland President and CEO Renée M. Winsky said in a statement. “We are extremely fortunate to consistently have a rich and diverse pool of highly-qualified executives to choose from, and I am excited to see the 52 individuals selected for 2022 come together as a group and begin their Leadership Maryland journey.”
Here the full lineup of this years cohort, which as usual sports a handful of familiar tech and business leaders:
- Emily E. Arneson, Director of Government Relations at Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Marco V. Avila, Director, Senior Civil Engineer, Program Manager and Williams Sale Partnership USA
- Lindsey Baker, Executive Director of Maryland Humanities
- Robert D. “Rob” Biagiotti, VP of Electric Distribution at the Baltimore Gas & Electric Company
- Deborah E. “Debbie” Bowden, Director of Economic Development of Caroline County
- M. Scott Bowen, Principal at MSB Architects
- Elaine L. Chang, Director of the Partnerships Unit at Montgomery County Public Schools
- Erin E. Chrest, Managing Director of Major & Planned Giving department at Maryland Public Television
- Cynthia Cifuentes, VP of Kaiser Foundation Mid-Atlantic States
- Tisa Javelle Dais Clark, President & CEO of JD Clark Professional Services, LLC
- George M. “Matt” Drew, Onshore Infrastructure Construction Manager of Orsted North America, Inc.
- Derryck D. Fletcher, Chief Strategy Officer of the Y in Central Maryland
- Ryan Flurie, MBA, Managing Director of Investments at the Abeles Flurie Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Paul Frey, President & CEO of the Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Charles S. “Charlie” Gayle, Head of Policy and Engagement in the Office of Consumer Practices at Wells Fargo
- Jeremy D. Goldman, County Administrator of Caroline County
- Peter Goodwin, President of the University of Maryland’s Center for Environmental Science
- Susan G. “Sue” Hains, Partner/Architect of Grimm and Parker Architects
- Whitney Blake Harmel, VP of Membership & Development at the Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Tiffany LeShawn Harvey, VP of Government & Regulatory Affairs at Comcast
- Theresa Johnson, MSM, VP, Brand Strategy and Philanthropy at CalvertHealth
- Laura Kozak, AVP of Communications and Public Affairs at University of Maryland Baltimore
- Douglas L. “Doug” Krinsky, Relationship Executive at J.P. Morgan
- Paul S. Lurz, Assistant Chief of the Baltimore County Fire Department
- Erin M. May, President of Weller Management Company
- Lauri McGuire, Principal Counsel at the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Maryland
- Jack Miner, Chief Investment Officer at the Maryland Technology Development Corp. (TEDCO)
- Kirkland “Kirk” Murray, President & CEO of Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation
- Julie Natoli, Principal of the Brick Companies
- Shannon Q. Nazzal, Parks & Recreation Director of Calvert County Government
- Lena M. Nebel, Director of Financial Planning/Advisor at BFG Financial Advisors
- David M. Nelson, Professor and Director at the Appalachian Laboratory of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- April Nyman, Executive Director of the Arts Council of Anne Arundel County
- Lisa K. O’Connor, Managing Director at Accenture Security
- Altmann R. Pannell, Director of Government Relations for Coca-Cola Consolidated
- Rhonda L. Pierce-Brooks, VP and Director Human Services at Tower Federal Credit Union
- David A. Potts, Division VP at The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Andrew “Andy” Pruski, Councilmember of Anne Arundel County
- Christian L. Pulley, City Administrator of the City of Laurel
- Elizabeth Rendon-Sherman, CEO/CFO of LG-TEK
- Ashwin Saboo, Associate Director of Creative Information Technology, Inc.
- Dr. Michael S. “Mike” Scott, Dean of the Richard A. Henson School of Science and Technology at Salisbury University
- Sally J. Scott, Program Director of Community Leadership at University of Maryland-Baltimore County
- Glenn Simmons, Executive Director of Maryland Saves
- Dr. Douglas “Doug” A. Spotts, VP and Chief Health Officer at Meritus Medical Center
- Tracie A. Thomas, VP of Customer Services at Easton Utilities
- Amy Velich, Director of Bond Financing at MEDCO
- Justin A. Wenger, VP at Southway Builders, Inc.
- Audrey E. Williams, Director Administrative Services at the University of Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute
- Zaminah D. Williams, President/CEO of Onyx Consulting Services, LLC
- Darleen Koth Won, VP of Strategic Planning and Analytics at LifeBridge Health
- Amy W. Yingling, Regional Director at Carroll Community College Small Business Development Center
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.