As artificial intelligence and machine learning continue to permeate every aspect of our lives, emerging tools such as ChatGPT, DALL-E 2 and CoPilot promise to change the way we work and interact with others, with their power available at everyone’s fingertips.
While the widespread adoption of AI brings many benefits, concerns surrounding its use exist. One of the largest concerns is the potential for AI to perpetuate and amplify existing biases, as machine learning algorithms are only as unbiased as the data they are trained on. Another concern is the potential for job displacement, as AI is increasingly used to automate tasks previously performed by humans. Additionally, there are concerns surrounding the ethical implications of AI, including issues related to privacy, accountability and transparency. As these tools continue to be integrated into more aspects of our lives, these concerns must be addressed and mitigated to ensure that the benefits of AI are realized without creating unintended consequences.
The upcoming DAX Conference focuses on the underlying data science, analytics and data exploration at the forefront of these emerging technologies. Returning for its second year, DAX is set to bring together once again some of the brightest minds in the industry to share their experiences and present topics of interest to the broader data community.
With attendees ranging from engineers and data scientists, to analytic developers and business leaders, DAX promises to once again be an informative and inspiring event.
Highlights of this year’s sessions include:
- Dr. John Elder, the founder of one of the world’s most experienced data science companies, Elder Research, and named by President Bush to a national security technology panel, will give a keynote talk about the three most important analytic innovations he’s seen in the three decades he’s practiced data research.
- We’re all familiar with cybersecurity and the importance of mitigating ever-growing threats, but what if you’re tasked with defending space-based assets? Zach Casper of BigBear.ai will discuss how to apply AI to this challenging domain.
- As more and more organizations adopt and leverage data-driven decision-making, the establishment and execution of data practices are paramount. Hear how Momen Abukhdeir has helped Baltimore County foster a more data-driven government. Matt Eckert of Total Wine & More will discuss his experiences establishing data practices, overcoming perceptions and running a high-performing data science team.
- Ruthe Huang and James Dempsey of Salynt.io will discuss the technical challenges of combining disparate data into a data science workflow using modular flow-based programming. Timothy Clendaniel will cover his best tips and tricks over the past 38 years in data analytics.
- Learn how to leverage machine learning to predict the outcome of Major League Baseball, as Lucas Kelly of FanGraphs discusses how he employed supervised machine learning to help players gain an edge.
These are just a few of the topics to be discussed when the DAX Conference comes to the University of Maryland, Baltimore County on June 10. Join us for a day of talks, networking and swag featuring experts from the government, academia and industry. Representatives from organizations such as Erias Ventures, ClearEdge, Boeing Intelligence and Analytics, BigBear.ai, ScuttleGov and more will be present for networking and discussion.
Breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail hour are all included in your ticket price.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.