Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Remember the office? That is, if you’re (still) remote and can think that far back. Maybe you miss it, or you miss the people, or you don’t miss it at all. But no matter which it is — or even if you just have a theoretical office in mind — you could probably predict what types of problems would typically arise there.
But then, there are situations that may make you go, “Huh?” Enter Ask a Manager, the online workplace advice column you never knew you needed.
If you’re ready to tackle a different office (IRL or virtual) altogether, check out this week’s job below.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
Want the latest local tech news delivered straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Technical.ly’s Pittsburgh daily newsletter.
Koop Technologies, a startup aimed at creating insurance for artificial intelligence and autonomy companies, raised a $2.5 million seed round led by Ubiquity Ventures.
The future of the workplace is changing; here’s how Pittsburgh companies are handling the return to the office.
With a new $15 million investment, East Liberty-based market intelligence company CivicScience is getting into the adtech business.
Forget the parking chair. Pittsburgh Parking Authority has partnered with local parking payment app Meter Feeder to make paying for parking easier and more secure.
A dozen area ventures made the Inc. 5000 list ranking the fastest-growing companies in the country.
- LifeX Labs is hiring a part-time Executive in Residence.
- Join PNC Financial Services’ Enterprise Innovation team as a Sr. Innovation Application Architect.
- Abridge AI is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Help bring life-saving products to market quickly as a Senior Full Stack Engineer with Rimsys.
- Astrobotic is looking for a Graphics & Simulator Engineer.
- Love improving processes and practices? Consult USA is hiring a Scrum Master.
- University of Pittsburgh is searching for a Software Licensing Specialist.
- Join Accenture as a Software Automated Testing Lead.
- 3M is on the lookout for a Mobile Software Engineer.
- Jump into the world of self-driving technology with Argo AI. The company is looking for a Systems Engineering Manager, Systems and Software Quality.
- rideOS is seeking a Software Engineer.
- Change the future of workplace communications. Slack is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to work remotely in the Pittsburgh area.
- Oakland Catholic High School is on the lookout for a Technology Support Specialist.
- Innovation studio Deeplocal is hiring for a variety of roles, including Exhibit Fabricator and Integration Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- AKTEK is hiring a Full Stack Developer.
- Join Tempest as a Web Project Manager.
- QuotaPath is seeking a Solutions Consultant.
Whatever your workplace, we hope you have a good week. See you at the same time, same place next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.