The crush of nationally-minded technology and culture news sites may not often be associated with Philadelphia, but for years we’ve felt there was a strange pull of those brands employing local writers.
If for no other reason than to acknowledge it, here is a long-overdue list of national tech (and culture) writers who call Philadelphia home. Who are we missing?
- Timothy Lee: Ars Technica | @binarybits
- Chris Grant: Polygon, Former Joystiq | @chrisgrant (lives in Fishtown)
- Jon Gruber: Daring Fireball | @gruber
- Duncan Bowen Black, aka “Atrios:” Eschaton | @atrios
- Chris Velazco: Tech Crunch | @chrisvelazco (lives in South Jersey)
- Andrew Nusca: CBS Interactive | @editorialiste (lives in West Philly)
- Danya Henninger: Zagat.com, theDrinkNation.com | @phillydesign
- Gene Marks: ‘You’re the Boss‘ blog on NYTimes.com | @genemarks
- Jason Fagone: Wired contributor | @jfagone
- John Paul Titlow: Read Write Web | @johnpaul (lives in Kensington)
- Joel Mathis: Macworld | @joelmmathis
- Scott McNulty: WordPress author | @blankbaby
- Michael Oryl: MobileBurn.com | @MichaelOryl
- Leonid Kravets: TechCrunch contributor | @lkravets
- Kevin Tofel: GigaOm | @kevinctofel [H/T Mike Harris]
- Erica Ogg: GigaOm | @ericaogg [H/T Mike Harris]
- Sean Portnoy: ZDnet | @teklust
- [Formerly, before this spring] Tim Carmody: The Verge, former Wired | @tcarmody
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.