Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
At just over two centuries old, pumpkin spice may have finally jumped the shark.
It wasn’t the earlier and earlier appearing PSLs.
It wasn’t the pumpkin spice beer.
It wasn’t even the pumpkin spice SPAM.
It’s pumpkin-spiced dog food.
Granted, pumpkin has genuine health benefits for your canine, but will they even understand how trendy this mealtime treat is? Should we sprinkle the dish with some “Everything But Bagel Seasoning” to top it off?
This latest pumpkin spice development yields more questions than answers. While we’re off contemplating the future of the overexposed squash seasoning, take a look at this week’s news, and newest jobs.
This year’s Google for Startups Black Founders Fund cohort included Jim Gibbs, founder of software company Meter Feeder.
We’re number 23! The 2021 Global Startup Ecosystem Report from Startup Genome ranked Pittsburgh as one of the top 25 emerging startup ecosystems.
A different type of mining: At the inaugural RustBuilt Conference, Stronghold Digital Mining’s cofounder Bill Spence shared his fearless career transition from coal-mining reclamation to mining digital currency with an environmentally beneficial impact.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey by the end of September to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
Is the future of work here? An expert panel at RustBuilt discussed the future of the office.
And if you want Pittsburgh tech news like this in your inbox each weekday, subscribe to Technical.ly’s daily newsletter.
- Abridge AI is hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Attention seasoned life science professionals! LifeX Labs is looking for an Executive in Residence (Part-Time).
- PNC Financial Services is seeking a Software Developer Lead (Microsoft).
- Foster innovation and remote collaboration at BNY Mellon. The Technology Services Group is searching for a Senior Real-Time Collaboration Engineer.
- Health Fidelity is on the lookout for a Software Engineer.
- Innovate the home buying experience at LendingHome. The real estate startup is hiring a Quality Assurance Auditor.
- Form Energy is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Make fresh greens a full year feat with Fifth Season. The vertical farming startup is seeking a VP of Strategic Communications, among other roles.
- Gecko Robotics is searching for a Mechanical Engineer.
- Ready to own the development of next-gen AI and ML products? Honeywell needs a Director of Machine Learning.
- 4moms wants a Quality Control Technician.
- Game developer Schell Games is hiring a Senior Engineering Team Lead.
- Facebook is seeking a Research Engineer to work within the Reality Labs.
The Remote Jobs
- Infinite Blue is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Help build fast-scaling and motivated growth teams with QuotaPath as a Demand Research Specialist.
- SmartLogic is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer.
Keep it spicy! We’ll see you back here real soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.