Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
For a city that, let’s face it, has its fair share of poor drivers (we’re looking at you, Pittsburgh left), it also has a rich history of drive-ins.
At one point, the area had nearly two dozen in operation. While the numbers have dwindled, you can still find places to watch a flick outdoors.
Built in 1950, Dependable in Moon Township runs year-round. But, if you’re looking for something closer to the city, Row House just announced a slate of drive-in movies this fall. The indie theater is taking over a lot in the Strip District every weekend in October to screen new favorites and classics.
With weekend plans out of the way, let’s drive on through to the latest news and jobs.
Ch-ch-ch-changes. Catch up on the comings and goings of the local innovation economy in this week’s edition of Power Moves.
What technologist in your network deserves some recognition? Nominate them for RealLIST Engineers 2021, Technical.ly’s curated list of influential developers and technologists.
The way we work now is changing, explains Lauren Winans, HR consultant and CEO of Next Level Benefits. Here’s how workplaces can adapt.
Duolingo’s third annual conference Duocon brought news of an innovative AI and the app’s expansion beyond language lessons.
What do you want to see each week on Technical.ly? Take a minute to fill out the community survey.
- LifeX Labs is hiring a part-time Executive in Residence.
- Join PNC Financial Services’ Enterprise Innovation team as a Sr. Innovation Application Architect.
- Abridge AI is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Bridge the gap between AI and legal services at LegalSifter. The tech company is looking for an Account Manager.
- CivicScience is on the lookout for a Senior Data Engineer.
- Dive into the world of modeling and complicated systems at the University of Pittsburgh’s Momacs Institute. The team is looking for a Research Software Engineer.
- IQ Inc. is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Put the pedal to the metal in the autonomous vehicle space. Argo AI is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager, Integration & Test: Virtual Test.
- Near Earth Autonomy wants a Content Marketing Manager to join its growing team.
- Ready to take flight? Autonomous drone company Gather AI is searching for an iOS Engineer.
- Health Fidelity is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- Help bring AI to the hospitality industry. Agot.AI is hiring a Full-Stack Engineer.
- Shield AI is looking for a Staff Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- cloudtamer.io is hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
- Help school districts manage their most important tool, their people at KickUp. The team is seeking a Product Manager.
- QuotaPath is looking for a Full Stack Engineer.
It may be time to get out of your comfort zone, even if you’re still sitting in your car.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.