Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The Olympics are upon us! And when it comes to U.S.-dominant sports, the first weekend didn’t disappoint. Team USA swimming took home eight medals in the first weekend, a record-breaking feat.
Many Team USA swimmers attribute their success to one element — in particular, the competitor in the next lane over. Having another Olympian just a lane over inspires them to swim faster, shattering records and winning gold medals.
Makes you think, how could a little healthy competition boost your accomplishments?
Let’s paddle on over to jobs.
Through a partnership between the Department of Mobility and Infrastructure and transit app Transit, Pittsburgh is the first city to launch a partnership between private and public partners to change mobility.
Rides are here! Last week, Argo AI announced plans to put autonomous rideshare vehicles on the road before the end of the year.
With a mix of robotics and automation, Fifth Season is revolutionizing vertical farming.
- Arconic is hiring a Cyber Security Project Specialist.
- Head in the cloud? Tobii is looking for a Cloud Security Architect.
- Deloitte is seeking a Lead .Net Developer.
- Join the autonomous vehicle revolution. Aurora is searching for a Simulation Test Specialist.
- Pyramid Consulting Group is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Bridge science and language learning. Duolingo wants a Senior Learning Scientist.
- rideOS is seeking a Product Manager.
- Join Gecko Robotics in its mission to make infrastructure safer. The engineering team is looking for a Mechanical Engineer.
- Gridwise is searching for a Software Engineer.
- Bring IT support to Carnegie Mellon University. The Computing Services department is seeking a Senior IT Business Systems Analyst.
- PNC is on the lookout for a Senior Technology Engineer.
- Help keep the remote revolution rolling. Zoom is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Facebook Reality Labs is looking for a Research Scientist.
- Help Dick’s Sporting Goods improve its growing eCommerce experience. The store is seeking a Senior Director of Product Management and UX Design.
- Jazz HR is searching for a Salesforce Developer.
The Remote Jobs
- Linode is hiring a Network Engineering Manager.
- Read all about it! The Washington Post is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer.
- Madwire is seeking a Senior Node.js Software Engineer.
May your job search go swimmingly! See you again soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.