Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
The Slip ‘N Slide is a staple of summer fun, but when it was invented, the creator was just trying to keep his kids out of the emergency room.
It was a hot summer day in 1960 when Robert Carrier came home to find his children hosing down the driveway’s painted concrete and attempting to slide on it. The next day, Carrier went out to buy slippery waterproof fabric and the Slip ‘N Slide was born. In his attempt to create a safer way to slide, Carrier invented one of the hallmarks of backyard summer fun.
Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest … and slippiest.
Let’s slide into this week’s jobs.
OneValley officially opened its doors at Hazelwood Green last week, kicking off a new innovation center for the city.
AI policy expert Kenny Chen shares insights on Pittsburgh’s tech scene and reflects on his time in the city.
Bloomfield Robotics’ latest innovation is bringing sustainable farming through the use of smart cameras.
- PNC is hiring a Senior Innovation Application Architect.
- Attention educators! Sarah Heinz House is seeking a STEM Instructor.
- RE2 Robotics is looking for a Project Manager.
- Join Deloitte’s data and engineering team as an AI Engineer.
- Near Earth Autonomy is looking for a C++ Software Engineer.
- Help unlock funding for small local businesses, Honeycomb Credit is searching for a Product Manager.
- Skeema is seeking an Interaction Designer (UX/UI).
- Let there be light! Duquesne Light is searching for a Systems & Software Analyst.
- Mobile Aspects is hiring a Product Manager.
- Help create the future of virtual reality. Facebook is seeking a Research Software Engineer to work within the Reality Labs Research team.
- eNGINE is on the lookout for a Java Developer.
- Join Zoom as it drives the future of the workplace. The team is searching for an Integration Software Engineer.
- Pyramid Consulting Group is looking for a Windows Network Engineer.
- Innovation studio Deeplocal is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- The Washington Post is hiring a Senior Front-End Engineer.
- Join growing news-centric startup Axios as a Senior Back-End Engineer.
- Madwire is seeking a Senior Node.js Software Engineer.
Don’t be afraid to slip your resume out to a new opportunity. See you back here soon!
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.