Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
July is here, bringing those humid days, nights and every moment in between.
The upside? Enjoying frozen treats with a rich history in the city. If you’ve never had the pleasure of enjoying Gus and YiaYia’s Iceball Cart in the Northside, now’s the perfect time to treat yourself to a cool treat.
The cart’s been in business since Gus’ mother and father got it rolling in 1934.
Loving what you do enough to stick with it for nearly nine decades? That’s pretty cool.
Need more speed? You’re in luck. Gov. Wolf signed a bill to speed up the infrastructure development of 5G in Pennsylvania.
At Techcrunch’s “City Spotlight” event, Mayor Peduto and CMU President Farnam Jahanian discussed what’s next for Pittsburgh’s technology and entrepreneurship community.
- Niche is hiring a Data Engineer.
- Join Eaton’s Electrical Sector HQ – the team has an opening for a Cybersecurity Engineer.
- Shift Collaborative is seeking a Designer.
- Be a part of Deloitte’s Analytics and Cognitive as a Cloud Data Engineer.
- BNY Mellon is on the lookout for a Lead Full-Stack Developer.
- Ready to be part of a Pittsburgh legacy? KraftHeinz wants a manager for its IT/Procurement team.
- Seeking a cybersecurity opportunity? Proofpoint is hiring a Software Developer.
- Patron Technology is searching for a Senior Devops Engineer.
- Ready to bridge the gap between technology and sales? Google wants a Technical Solutions Consultant to join its Users & Products team.
- eNGINE is looking for a Web Developer.
- Ready to see the world in a whole new way? Facebook’s Reality Labs Research team is hiring a Research Software Engineer to work within VR/AR.
- Pyramid is searching for a Junior Java Developer.
- Work with tech teams and outside partners as Microsoft’s newest Solutions Architect.
The Remote Jobs
- SmartLogic is hiring a Developer.
- Jump into the world of geospatial software with Azavea. The team is seeking a User Experience Designer.
We hope you find an opportunity as sweet as an iceball. No matter what, we’ll see you next time.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.