Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Pennsylvania’s got a new celebrity in the form of a three-year-old Pekingese named Wasabi. The small-but-mighty pup took top honors at last weekend’s long-delayed Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
Though significantly smaller than the other finalists, Wasabi stood out “like he’s 10 feet tall,” said one of the judges. It just goes to show that when it comes to being top dog, attitude is everything.
Now, let’s sniff out some new opportunities.
The weather is heating up, and so are opportunities to code. Check out the local courses and workshops geared to Yinzers both young and old who want to pick up a new skill.
Meta Mesh is providing free internet to help bridge the city’s digital divide through community wireless networks.
The Emerging Technologies Caucus is transforming the way the Pennsylvania House of Representatives learn about and support statewide entrepreneurship.
- 3M is hiring a Java Software Engineer.
- Join CyLumena, a cybersecurity consultancy within SDLC Partners, as a Senior Full Stack Java Developer.
- BNY Mellon is seeking a Principal, Information Security to specialize in External Threat Detection for Cyber Security Threat Detection and Analytics.
- Oversee the IT functions of the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh. The organization is looking for a Senior Information Technology Administrator.
- The City of Pittsburgh is searching for a Part-Time Designer to work on Graphic and Web content.
- goShadow is creating a suite of tools to help process an organization’s data in real-time to design a better experience and needs a Project Manager.
- Help empower a community of working mothers. The Mom Project is seeking a Technical Program Manager.
- Matthews International is hiring an Application Consultant.
- Help create safer clinical research through data-driven insights. ERT is on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute Emerging Technology Center wants to add an Associate Machine Learning Engineer to its team.
- Transform the freight trucking industry. Maven Machines is searching for a Senior Software Engineer (Backend).
- Duolingo needs a Machine Learning Engineer to work on Speech Technology.
The Remote Jobs
- Crossbeam is hiring a Solution Engineer.
- Provide cloud computing services to clients around the world with Linode. The Cloud Manager team is seeking a Fullstack Software Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io is on the lookout for a Full Stack Engineer.
Hope you found an opportunity that makes your tail wag. If not, we’ll see you here again next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.