Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Last week brought a “Rugrats” reboot, a “Friends” reunion, and the release of a “101 Dalmatians” spinoff. Even in today’s world of reboots and remakes, this feels like a lot.
But hey, who doesn’t love a good nostalgia play? While we’re at it, let’s bring back business cards, paper resumes and power suits.
… Or not. Some things stay in the past for a reason. But, let’s look to the future with this week’s jobs.
Wabtec announces the world’s first 100% battery-powered, heavy-haul locomotive that is said to reduce a train’s fuel use by 11%.
“Automobile row” in Shadyside is transforming into a $330 million biomedical research hub with the help of the University of Pittsburgh.
A grant is helping Healthy Ride bring electric-assist bikes to its already growing fleet.
- CivicScience is hiring a Senior Data Engineer.
- Bosch is looking for an Associate Software Engineer for the Android and IoT team.
- Randstad is seeking a Java API Developer.
- Have an eye for innovation? Tobii Dynavox is on the lookout for a Lead Software Engineer to work in eye tracking and speech generating devices.
- Accenture is searching for a UI/UX Designer.
- Lead IT for the City of Pittsburgh as the Director of Innovation & Performance.
- Humana wants to bring on a Lead Solution Architect.
- Bring essential utilities to the city. Essential Utilities is seeking an experienced Security Analyst with a focus on SAP Security and GRC functions.
- BNY Mellon is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Love data and predictive analytics? Robert Half is searching for a Data Scientist.
- Deeplocal is looking for a Creative Producer of Interactive Experiences.
- Help pave the way for the driverless car. Aurora needs an IT Project Manager.
- Duolingo is on the lookout for a Machine Learning Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- cloudtamer.io is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- Join Crossbeam’s growing platform as a Customer Success Specialist.
- Avature is hiring a Backend Software Engineer for the DevOps team.
Enjoy a reboot of your choosing, and we’ll catch you next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.