Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
The latest Gen Z slang making Millennials cry into their avocado toast, deeming everything from chevrons to lasagna as “cheugy,” is making many of us second guess our every action.
Girlboss energy? Cheugy. Punny Instagram captions. Hella cheugy. Hella? Incredibly cheugy. Honestly, even having to Google “cheugy” to learn what it means is highly cheugy.
Even if the internet’s latest punching bag term is making you feel “seen” in all the wrong ways, keep doing you — anything else is cheugy.
Now, stop worrying and check out some jobs.
Shoot for the moon, without leaving Pittsburgh. Astrobotic announced plans to open the “Moonshot Space Museum” in summer 2022. Museum visitors will be able to watch spacecraft being built in real-time and learn more about space travel.
Metafy raised an addition $8.65 million to help make professional gaming more accessible.
Trouble fine-tuning your database? OtterTune just launched the commercial version of its service, which uses machine learning to create more efficient systems.
- CivicScience is hiring a Senior Data Engineer.
- Looking for more data opportunities? Cognistx is seeking a Data Scientist to lead its data science team.
- Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager.
- Take off with Howmet Aerospace. The company is searching for a Senior System Administrator.
- Literacy Pittsburgh wants a Digital Skills Instructor to join its team.
- Help further the startup community in Pittsburgh. Innovation Works is hiring a Digital & Community Engagement Manager.
- eNGINE is on the lookout for a React Developer.
- Help digitize the industrial industry. Rewyndr is seeking a Mobile App Developer.
- LANXESS is searching for a Senior IT Analyst to join its data and compliance team.
- Join the fast-paced digital health R&D team at Smith+Nephew as a Software Engineer.
- Randstad is seeking a Software Developer.
- Imagine the future as an Oracle EPM Cloud Architect at Accenture.
- numo is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer.
- Help people decide where to live, work, and go to school with Niche. The startup is searching for a Data Quality Analyst.
The Remote Jobs
- Listrak is hiring an Associate Software Engineer.
- Use data as a storytelling tool with Narrative Science. The Engineering Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Attention, Python and React pros! STRATIS IoT is searching for a Sr. Software Engineer.
Cheugy or not, we’ll see you next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.