Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Farewell, Calibri, we hardly knew ye.
After 15 years as Microsoft Office’s default font, the familiar sans-serif is being swapped out next year. While we bid the font goodbye, the team at Microsoft is collecting feedback on five new fonts and asking users to help decide which will be the newest default.
Unfortunately for you chaos agents out there, Comic Sans and Wingdings are not in the running.
But that begs the question — if Office is overhauling the classics, maybe you should, too.
Dust off that old resume, try a new font or two and check out this week’s jobs.
It’s not too late to learn something new. Log on later today for Technical.ly’s annual (and free!) Developers Conference to hear more about in-depth technical case studies and innovations in the industry.
In an unpredictable year, what comes next? Hear insights from 30 expert speakers across industries during Introduced by Technical.ly, a free and virtual event about building better companies on Thursday, May 13.
Crowdfunding platform Honeycomb Credit raised some funds of its own. The small business funding platform just closed a $1.75 million seed funding round and plans to use some capital to hire new team members.
Nonprofit Black Tech Nation made headlines after announcing its $50 million fund to support startups run by marginalized groups. Founder Kelauni Jasmyn sat down with Technical.ly to explain what comes next.
- PNC is hiring a Software Developer Associate.
- Bring machine learning to the self-driving car. Motional’s Machine Learning Infrastructure team is seeking an Engineering Lead.
- OneValley is looking for a Community and Events Manager to bring area entrepreneurs together.
- Love problem-solving? Covestro is searching for an HR IT Solution Engineer to help troubleshoot and maintain its systems.
- Aurora is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer.
- Empower ridesharing and delivery drivers across the US with Gridwise. The fast-growing startup is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist.
- JazzHR is on the lookout for a Business Intelligence Developer to help grow and scale its software.
- Bring infrastructure maintenance to the modern-day. Gecko Robotics wants a Senior Robotics Engineer to specialize in localization.
- NetBeez is looking for a Sales Engineer with the perfect blend of technical know-how and sales experience.
- Help students achieve reading goals faster through the use of technology learning. Zoobeans is hiring a Ruby on Rails Developer.
- Fifth Season is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to help implement its robots and IoT devices into vertical farming.
The Remote Jobs
- 8th Light is looking for a Senior Developer.
- Help bring Athletic Trainers to the sidelines everywhere. Go4 is hiring a Lead Software Engineer.
- Codelitt wants a Customer DevOps Solutions Architect.
New fonts can prove to be a font of inspiration. Serif or sans, we’ll see you again soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.