(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
As April runs its course, here’s a friendly reminder that May is just around the corner.
Why this ever-so-obvious reminder? Because, readers, there’s a short window to capitalize on the above meme. Don’t be the groan-worthy friend making an “It’s gonna be May” joke on May 6, be the one dropping the timely meme into your office Slack channel April 30.
Like a well-formatted resume or a short but sweet cover letter, a little prep and you can be the meme master of your group chat.
Today, the Technical.ly newsroom is excited to announce the hire of Sophie Burkholder, who will lead daily reporting on economic change in Pittsburgh starting this June. The PGH native joins the team via national service program Report for America.
Modular home company Module announced its expanding construction to other cities, creating tiny, energy-efficient homes across the country.
Touchwood Labs released its first line of “smart home tables” with touch display technology.
Smith Micro Software has acquired Avast Family Safety Mobile.
Pittsburgh native Michael Keaton is partnering with Nexii to bring green manufacturing jobs to his hometown.
- Abridge is hiring a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Create community among Pittsburgh startups and beyond as OneValley’s Community and Events Manager.
- Help strengthen the Pittsburgh community. Neighborhood Allies is seeking a Program Manager of Digital Inclusion.
- Motional is looking for a Systems Engineer.
- Make the roads smarter with Bosch. Its Internet of Things and Services team is searching for a UX Expert for Intelligent Traffic Solutions.
- American Eagle Outfitters wants a Senior Engineer to join its Point of Sale Systems team.
- Join the robotics company hoping to make space travel accessible to everyone. Astrobotics is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer.
- Locomotion is seeking a Senior Robotics Software Engineer to innovate within the trucking industry.
- Pyramid Consulting Group has an immediate need for a Scrum Master.
- Ideal Integrations is seeking a DevOps Specialist.
- Innovate within the industrial automation space — Integrated Industrial Technologies is searching for a Robot Engineer.
- HDJ & Associates is on the lookout for a Senior Digital Project Manager.
- Build beautiful, interactive exhibits with Deeplocal. The innovation studio is hiring an Integration Engineer.
- Aurora is seeking an Information Technologist to bring self-driving cars to life.
- New graduates, take note! Duolingo is searching for an Operations Engineer.
- numo wants a Cloud Operations Engineer to bring its banking technology to life.
The Remote Jobs
- CARDONE Industries is hiring an Ecommerce Web Designer.
- Help build the sales communication platform of the future at Close. The team is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer.
- Elfen Software is seeking a SQL Server Developer.
If you’re not early to a meme, you’re late. We’ll see you right on time next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Catch You Later, Calibri
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: A virtual event we can get behind
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Weathering the Weather
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Snakes!
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh