(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
It wouldn’t be a proper Pittsburgh spring if we weren’t treated to a day of 60-degree weather followed by snowfall less than 24 hours later.
Friendly reminder to enjoy the weather, but dig your winter jacket before the day is done.
Our region’s weather might be unpredictable, but we’re not. Warm up with this week’s prospects.
Welcome to the family, StartNow Pittsburgh! Technical.ly announced its acquisition of the tech publication as it expands news coverage in Pittsburgh.
From deep-sea exploration to climbing up Jimmy Fallon’s leg, the snakebot from CMU’s Robotics Institute is transforming expectations of form and function in robotics.
The Urban Redevelopment Authority announced a partnership with Level Up Tech and Tech Elevator to create TechEquity — a new scholarship program for ministry populations in the City of Pittsburgh to make a career transition into the tech sector.
Levi’s announced plans to open one of its NextGen shopping experiences in the Ross Park Mall this summer. The technology-enhanced shopping experience combines in-person shopping with online retail.
- PNC is hiring a Sr. Innovation Application Architect.
- What’s new in pharmaceuticals? NeuBase Therapeutics is hiring for a variety of roles including Laboratory Operations Manager, Translational Scientist, and Synthetic Organic Chemist.
- Motional is building an ML platform for the self-driving car and needs a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform.
- Bring the world of art online. The Carnegie Museum of Art is seeking a Web Manager.
- CivicScience is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help develop its real-time polling research.
- Increase visibility and adoption of bike-sharing in Pittsburgh. Healthy Ride is searching for a Digital Communications Specialist.
- NetBeez is on the lookout for a Sale Engineer.
- Help bridge the gap between property owners and managers. Ikos is searching for a Business Development Associate.
- Automated Health Systems is hiring a Software Developer.
- Multimedia data platform Nielsen Media wants a Big Data Engineer.
- BNY Mellon seeks a Principal IT Risk Analyst to specialize in Third Party Government.
- Join the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University as an Application Developer.
- Govini is hiring a Software Engineer to help transform the business of national security through data science and ML.
- Creative agency Carney is looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer to contribute to custom client projects.
- Hire an Esquire is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to make legal and paralegal assistance on-demand easier.
- The future of infrastructure maintenance is changing, and Gecko Robotics is leading the way to automation. The startup wants a Director of Product Management, to specialize in hardware.
The Remote Jobs
- Itemize is hiring a Senior Python Developer.
- Change the way organizations approach diversity and global engagement with the Cultural Intelligence Center. The growing company is seeking a Senior Web Application Developer.
- Axios is looking for a Data Quality Engineer.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat will keep us from your inbox. See you next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Catch You Later, Calibri
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: A virtual event we can get behind
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: It’s Gonna Be May
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Snakes!
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh