(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Looking for a little drama in your life? Look no further than the top of the University of Pittsburgh’s “Cathy” (as the kids call it). For over 20 years, state threatened peregrine falcons have been nesting atop of the historic building, but this mating season’s drama is sure to ruffle a few tail feathers.
With multiple males vying to mate with the nest’s female lead, Morela, the coverage sounds like a soap opera playing out in real time, and you can even watch the 24/7 livestream to keep up with your favorite characters.
While birdwatching is all kinds of dramatic, you don’t have to wing it when it comes to your job search. Peep below and find a spot to build your next nest.
As esports and gaming more broadly grow as major industries in locally and beyond, Metafy is coming for the big guys: After raising $3 million in seed funds, the Pittsburgh-based (but largely remote) coaching startup cofounded by Derry native Josh Fabian hopes to change the way people make money in gaming, he told Technical.ly.
It’s always good to grow, but how do organizations preserve culture during a high growth period? Technical.ly explored the topic with insights from SmartLogic, cloudtamer.io and The Tactile Group.
Idelic raised $20 million in series B funding to help make the trucking industry safer through autonomy.
Ian Rosenberger, founder of Day Owl and First Mile, appeared on the podcast Scaling Sustainability to discuss circularity in consumer goods.
- PNC is hiring a Sr. Innovation Application Architect.
- Join the fight to eliminate hunger from Southwestern PA. The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank is looking for a Digital Marketing Associate for a part-time role.
- Pearl Street Technologies is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to help develop next-gen software for the electric utility industry.
- Build cutting edge healthcare products at Astrata. The technology startup is searching for a Software Engineer.
- CivicScience needs a Senior Data Engineer to monitor a large amount of its data and data processes.
- Join the team of transportation and robotics experts at Locomotion as a AV DevOps Engineer.
- Proofpoint is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Help improve the online experience for Highmark Health users as an Application Developer.
- Randstad is searching for a Software Developer.
- Help build the business of self-driving technology. Argo AI is on the lookout for a Business Intelligence and Systems Lead, Finance.
- Ryder wants a Data Analyst.
- Loan crowdfunding startup Honeycomb Credit wants a Marketing Director to help take its tools national.
- Niche is seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer.
- Want to work in Bakery Square? Google is searching for a Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- cloudtamer.io is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Help expand PetDesk’s suite of applications and services as a DevOps Engineer.
- Restless Labs is on the quest to find a Senior React Developer.
Save the drama for reality TV, and we’ll see you next week for a new flock of opportunities.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Practice Your Elbow Bump
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Can I have my hour back?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh