(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
After a year of WFH and an end of it in sight, many are starting to think about what the return to the office might look like.
The good news? Going back to work could mean the end of the open office plan and the return of offices with doors and divided spaces. That means you’ll no longer hear Dave in finance taking personal calls from his desk in the afternoon.
The possibly (bad) news? Handshakes are out. Purposeful head nods and well-coordinated “elbow bumps” are in.
For those of us lacking hand-eye coordination, time to start practicing.
But on the bright side, the return to the office means new opportunities. Check out this week’s fresh slate of job postings.
Forty percent of Pittsburgh’s new biotech startups were founded in the past five years — plus three other reasons why the city is on the verge of being a true life sciences hub.
Honeycomb Credit, a loan crowdfunding platform changing the small business financing model, announced a $1.75 million seed funding round.
Lawrenceville-based RE2 Robotics received $1.9 million in funding from the Department of Energy to help automate solar panel installation.
Many businesses took a hit in 2020, but according to Innovation Works’ new report, it was still the second-best fundraising year in the past decade for area tech companies.
- PNC is hiring a Software Developer Associate.
- Help Peptilogics advance the development of peptide therapeutics as a Machine Learning Specialist.
- Locomotion is seeking a Software Engineer with a specialty in Data Analytics.
- Bring the world of contract creation into 2021. LegalSifter is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Carnegie Museum of Art is searching for a Digital Designer.
- Build the future of autonomous flight as a Robotic Systems Engineer at Near Earth Autonomy.
- Trailblaze is on the lookout for a Director of Community Marketing & Equity.
- Join NOCTEM in its quest to reimagine sleep medicine. The medical startup wants a Back-End Developer.
- Day Owl is designing products for the everyday, is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to help build out its user experience.
- At the intersection between data science and machine learning, Govini needs a Machine Learning Engineer to help build out its technology.
- University of Pittsburgh is hiring a Web Developer.
- Advance the race towards autonomous vehicles. Argo AI seeking an Embedded Software Engineer, Lidar.
- Branding Brand wants a Software Engineer Manager to help create large-scale solutions for its millions of daily users.
- Dive into the world of government security systems at Carnegie Mellon University, where its SEI Department is seeking a Cybersecurity Researcher.
The Remote Jobs
- Comcast is searching for a Data Scientist to join its Analytics & Experimentation Platform.
- Combine a passion for healthcare innovation with software creation; Tendo is hiring a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer.
- Resilient Coders is empowering Black and Latinx communities through its free and stipend not-for-profit bootcamp and seeks a Director of Talent Placement to bring in employer partners to hire graduates.
It’s never too early to start perfecting the elbow bump. When you need a break, stop by for next week’s job listings.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Birdwatching
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Stuck
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Can I have my hour back?
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Seasonal Slobbery
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh