(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
There’s something about the days getting longer that makes people want to start dusting lampshades and wiping down window ledges. Historically observed in cultures across the world, the desire to start deep cleaning your rugs on a sunny day is also biologically driven.
The winter equals shorter days, which in turn makes humans want to sleep more. The second the days start to lengthen, our bodies produce less melatonin, meaning more energy and alertness. Long story short, you’re probably not the only one to wake up one day in March and realize you haven’t taken the garbage out in weeks.
As you emerge from your winter stupor, it could be time for a fresh start at work, too. Check out this week’s offerings in between vacuuming sessions.
Get hired from home during NET/WORK 2021, Technical.ly’s virtual job fair on Thursday, March 18. The free event includes remote-only opportunities, as well as positions in all the markets we report in. Sign up here to join us!
“Shark Tank” alumni FlexScreen looks back on its TV appearance and announces partnerships with several big-box retailers.
Newly founded Black Tech Nation Ventures announced a $50 million funding goal and plans to support Black-led/owned businesses, as well as other underserved communities.
Knotzland’s bespoke bow ties don’t just look good, they’re committed to sustainability through the use of upcycled textiles, explains founder Nisha Blackwell in The Verge.
- LifeX Labs is looking for an experienced life science professional to join its team as a part-time Executive in Residence.
- Got data on the brain? WVU’s Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute is hiring a Director of Data Science.
- Panopto is seeking a CRM Program Manager.
- Disrupt the world of sports retail through tech — Dick’s Sporting Goods is searching for a Software Engineer to specialize in Athlete Interaction.
- Wall to Wall is on the hunt for a Graphic Designer to join its studio.
- Help Digital Dream Labs innovate educational gaming as a Senior Cloud Engineer.
- RedShift is hiring a Digital Marketing Manager.
- Dive into the world of social media analytics. ConvOcean is searching for a Full Stack Developer.
- Civic Champs wants to hire a Front End Engineer.
- Bring IT expertise to the University of Pittsburgh’s Information Technology Department as its Senior Information Security Analyst.
- eNGINE is hiring an AWS Cloud Engineer.
- Bring autonomous tech to the industrial vehicle space. Seegrid is seeking an Application Systems Engineer.
- OpenArc is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Join Sheetz’s innovation team as an Application Developer.
The Remote Jobs
- Kaleido Health Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer to help improve the telehealth experience.
- Build audio and podcast software with Backtracks.fm — the app’s Product & Engineering team is looking for a Senior Fullstack Python Developer.
- Fluff up your resume and apply to be a Support Engineer at cloudtamer.io.
Job opportunities are sprouting up like the first signs of spring. Take a moment to stop and notice, you may be surprised what you find.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.-30-
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Birdwatching
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Stuck
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Practice Your Elbow Bump
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Can I have my hour back?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh