(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Love them or loathe them; the announcement of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian filing for divorce is news. A day rarely goes by where one member of the duo isn’t featured on the cover of a tabloid or a trending Twitter topic.
So, as the news cycle revolves around the end of Kimye, it might be a good time for self-reflection. Is there something in your life (personal or professional) that hasn’t been serving you lately? Could it be time to move on?
Ready to search for a new opportunity? Or just want to escape the tabloid news? Keep on reading.
Saying the workplace has changed in the last year is almost an understatement. In Technical.ly’s first Hiring and Workplace Culture Trends Report, we dive deep into the trends around office culture, hiring, and HR practices that have transformed in the past year.
Speaking of workplaces, here’s a look at how some technologists in Pittsburgh are starting to rethink their workplaces, post-COVID.
SUN (Solar United Neighbors) is heating up the local energy market, offering homeowners easier access to affordable residential solar panels through the use of a co-op. If you’d like to join that bright future, the company is looking for a Manager of IT and Information Systems.
Through looking back, we can move forward. Join Technical.ly tomorrow, Feb. 24, at 11 a.m. EST for its first in a quarterly webinar series, BuildingUp, to learn how to build a better workplace from experienced HR leaders. Register here.
Marinus Analytics is in the final round of the $5 million IBM Watson AI XPrize for its artificial intelligence and machine learning tool that helps law enforcement bring an end to human trafficking. (Hey, it also has a handful of tech job openings.)
- Niche has a number of listings across departments, including a Senior Mobile Engineer, Data Quality Analyst and UI/UX Designer.
- Mindera has more than 20 developer and engineer openings in Pittsburgh.
- GoJaneGo wants to make business travel easier for women and needs a Software Developer/Platform Engineer to make the dream a reality.
- Marketers take note! Rimsys is hiring a Global Product Marketing Manager.
- Sheetz is looking for an Application Developer.
- Help take the pain out of patients’ prescription process as a Sr. Product Manager at ConnectiveRx.
- CapSen Robotics is hiring a Robot Field Application Engineer.
- Help make baseball a whole new ballgame at Diamond Kinetics as a Sports Tech UI/UX Designer.
- JazzHR is seeking a Software Engineer for its growing team.
- Attention, Linux pros! Seegrid is on the lookout for a Linux Engineer to refine its self-driving vehicle platform.
- Woolport wants an Aviation GIS Project Manager to help blend its innovative tech with geospatial applications.
- Love working with data? Join data science and polling startup CivicScience as a VP of Product Management.
- Oxford Solutions is looking for a .Net Application Developer.
- Drive autonomous vehicle technology forward. Aurora is hiring a Systems Engineer.
- eNGINE is searching for an AWS Cloud Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- REC Philly wants a Digital Marketing Associate.
- Help developers around the world as Linode’s newest Frontend Developer.
- Pinnacle 21, a leader in clinical trial data software and services, seeks a Customer Success Manager.
Here’s hoping the latest celebrity headline can bring you some clarity. Let go of what isn’t working and start searching for something that is. Enjoy the journey, and we’ll see you soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Birdwatching
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Stuck
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Practice Your Elbow Bump
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Can I have my hour back?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh