(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
The only thing worse than a winter snow warning is when said warning transforms into a winter ice warning. If you’ve left the house in the last 48 hours (and we wouldn’t blame you if you haven’t!), chances are you’re gingerly slipping, sliding and falling on your butt.
And trying to spot black ice before you inevitably skate onto it is not unlike the job search. Jumping in headfirst without looking can knock you clear off your feet if you’re not ready. If you step in carefully and take your time, you’ll see opportunities you’d otherwise miss, and be able to spot hazards along the way.
Go ahead and take your time to glide through this week’s postings.
The Washington Post highlights Food Rescue Hero and the efforts volunteers to go to collect and deliver food that would otherwise be thrown away.
The stay-at-home order has accelerated demand for robotics. IAM Robotics, Seegrid, and Carnegie Robotics weigh in on how this trend could accelerate the region’s already booming robotics industry. (Psst — IAM Robotics and Seegrid are hiring.)
- PNC is hiring a Senior Security Manager.
- ReadyAI is on the hunt for an Instructional Design and Technology Associate.
- Help bridge the connection between food waste and hunger. 412 Food Rescue is looking for a Data & Business Performance Analyst.
- Highmark is seeking an Associate Business Systems Analyst.
- Join Dick’s Sporting Goods as a UX Designer.
- Othot is searching for a Data Analyst.
- Bring your tech talents to academia — La Roche University is hiring an Online Learning Faculty Support & Technical Coordinator.
- Zoom wants to add an Engineering Manager to its OnZoom team.
- Shape the future of autonomous mobile delivery as a Full Stack Software Engineer at Aethon.
- Carnegie Mellon University needs a Senior Software Architect to join the SEI’s Engineering Intelligent Software Systems directorate.
- Innovate the financial marketplace at BNY Mellon as a Data Engineer/Analyst.
- CGI is seeking a Mobile Developer.
- Shape foundational learning for Duolingo users as a Senior UX Researcher.
- Deeplocal is looking for a Technical Systems Designer.
The Remote Jobs
- Restless Labs is hiring a Quality Assurance Analyst/Engineer.
- Attention UX-ers! Azavea is on the lookout for a User Experience Designer.
- Axios is seeking a Data Engineer.
Watch closely where you’re stepping, you might just miss an opportunity — or dodge a patch of black ice. Be careful out there, and we’ll see you next time.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: End of an Era
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Working for the Weeknd
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Prime Time Poet
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Bernie Memes
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh