(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Even if you didn’t catch The Weeknd’s Super Bowl performance last weekend, chances are you caught a glimpse of the now-viral gif of the musical artist weaving with confusion through a house of mirrors.
As job seekers, we’re sure you can relate. From confusing job descriptions to career boards that look more like they’re there to take your data than help you find a job, it can feel like navigating a not-so-funhouse.
But, with the right resources (may we suggest a weekly newsletter?), perseverance, and a little patience, you’ll find your way to the main stage.
And now, please enjoy this week’s jobs as we try to get “I Can’t Feel My Face” out of our heads, yet again.
Technical.ly’s NET/WORK 2021 is taking the job fair digital this year. Join a host of dynamic companies on Thursday, March 18 to explore remote and in-person career opportunities across the mid-Atlantic region.
Per Scholas and TEKsystems are launching a 14-week tuition-free Full Stack Java Developer training program. Applications are open through the end of the month and there are only 30 slots — apply here.
Astrata, UPMC Enterprise’s latest spinout, is using natural language processing to help patients and insurers get the most cost-effective care. The firm is also on the hunt for an Associate Product Manager.
Global entrepreneurship organization OneValley announced plans to team up with Pittsburgh Entrepreneurship Platform to launch the Pittsburgh Startup Challenge, giving local startups the chance to secure over $50,000 of non-dilutive funding.
Remake Learning’s digital Learning Planet festival brought together innovators across the education community to tackle community issues.
- LifeX Labs is hiring a part-time Executive in Residence.
- Help turn AI into actionable intelligence as a Software Engineer at Marinus Analytics.
- Michael Baker International is seeking a System Engineering Lead.
- OpenArc is looking for a Java Developer.
- Apply software engineering and robotics to healthcare and medicine at Smith & Nephew as a Staff Robotics Software Engineer.
- eNGINE is seeking an Android Developer.
- Technology development and consultancy Mindera is hiring a Go Software Developer.
- IQ Inc. is on the lookout for a mid to senior-level Software Engineer.
- Head in the cloud? Join UPMC as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.
- Carnegie Mellon University is seeking a Technical Project Manager for the Human-Computer Interaction Institute.
- Solve real-world problems with the help of technology with Thermo Fisher Scientific as a Data Scientist.
- Attention cloud computing specialists! Amazon is searching for a Principal Cloud Architect.
- Facebook wants a Computer Vision Engineering Lead to join its reality lab.
The Remote Jobs
- The Tactile Group is hiring a MySQL Database Administrator/Programmer.
- Help improve online shopping experiences as a Software Engineer at Kibo Commerce.
- cloudtamer.io is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
Things might feel like a funhouse mirror right now, but we’re sure you’ll find a way through. We’ll be back next week with more opportunities.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: End of an Era
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: On Thin Ice
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Prime Time Poet
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Bernie Memes
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh