(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
74% of Americans report setting a New Year’s resolution this year, and 74% of those with resolutions believe they’ll follow through with them.
Hate to say it, but in reality, closer to 8% of those who made resolutions in the new year will stick to them. That low success rate doesn’t mean you should throw in the towel a week into 2021.
Instead, we encourage you to think smaller in 2021. Lofty, overly ambitious goals keep us from following through in the end. Instead of “apply to 20 jobs a week,” try applying to five to 10 (starting with the links below, hint hint). Working on networking this year? Keep weekly outreach goals attainable.
The only thing better than meeting your goal is surpassing it. This year, don’t be afraid to think small and set tiny goals — you might be surprised how those little wins stack up.
What trends will we cover in the new year? Check out Technical.ly’s 2021 editorial calendar, where we outline the themes we’ll tackle each month.
Pittsburgh Innovation District looks back on the successes and challenges of 2020 with its annual year in review.
NextPittsburgh’s “15 Tech Companies to Watch in 2021” includes familiar faces like Aurora and Duolingo, as well as standout newcomers Metafy and Safe Space Technologies. Pro tip: All of the companies in the list have very active Careers sections on their sites.
- Technically Media (hey, that’s us!) is hiring for two big remote-flexible roles:
- LifeX Labs is hiring a part-time Executive in Residence.
- Help define Abridge AI’s engineering culture as its Lead DevOps Engineer.
- PNC Financial Services is looking for a Security Architect with a DevOps background.
- Use data to help inform the future of autonomous vehicles as Aurora’s newest Data Scientist.
- Zoom is searching for a Senior PBX Engineer.
- Got a knack for creative problem-solving? ThoughtForm is seeking a Data Strategist.
- JazzHR is on the lookout for a Software Engineering Manager.
- Innovate the baby gear industry at 4moms as an Electrical/Embedded Engineer.
- Seegrid is hiring an Automated Software Test Engineer.
- Help expand the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank’s reach as its Salesforce Administrator/IT Specialist.
- IAM Robotics is adding a Computer Vision Software Engineer to its team.
- Attention, recent graduates! Duolingo’s looking for a Machine Learning Engineer.
- LendingHome is seeking a Director of Design.
The Remote Jobs
- Axios wants a Senior React Native Engineer to work with its mobile team.
- Cloud-based restaurant management platform xtraChef is hiring a Senior Product Manager for its digital payment system.
Remember, achieving small goals can still mean big changes. Start tackling those resolutions, and we’ll see you next week with a fresh listing on jobs and news.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
PNC’s director of technology on what it takes to uncover emerging tech in the financial sector
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Zen Baby
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: ‘What I Did Over Quarantine’
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Mysterious Monolith
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh