(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
What are parents getting this year for the kid who has everything? Mindfulness.
In a year where we’ve all faced unprecedented levels of stress, it seems we could all take a cue from the latest craze. This holiday season, we hope you find meditating-Barbie levels of inner peace. Pause, take a breath, and visualize success in 2021.
Now, ohm to the jobs.
At the beginning of the pandemic, Duolingo grew by 30 million users worldwide. Here’s what that growth means for the region’s tech unicorn.
Lyft is partnering with Motional (the partnership between Hyundai and Aptiv) to bring autonomous vehicles to its ride-sharing service by 2023. Join the ride and check out Motional’s many Pittsburgh job openings.
As Pittsburgh recognizes its lack of equity and opportunity for its Black residents, how can the city’s startup culture be part of the solution?
- PNC is hiring a System Reliability & Support Lead.
- Revolutionize recycling as a Product Designer at RoadRunner.
- Inpleo is looking for a Full Stack Developer.
- Attention, Web Developers: Wall to Wall is seeking both a Developer and a Senior Web Developer.
- I AM Robotics wants to fill a variety of roles, including a Computer Vision Software Engineer and a Front-End Developer.
- Help develop intelligent software for government, industry, and academia as a Software Architect at Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute.
- UPMC is seeking a mid-level Software Engineer.
- Lead the City of Pittsburgh’s advancement in technology as the Director of Innovation & Performance.
- Humana wants a Senior Solutions Architect.
- Like solving complex software problems? Mindera is seeking a Back End Java Developer.
- Bombardier needs a Software Engineer.
- Are you a mainframe development pro? BNY Mellon is hiring an experienced Principal Mainframe Developer.
- Facebook is hiring a Software Architect to help develop AR and VR tech.
- Work with AI, computer vision, and novel robotic systems as an Advanced Robotics Engineer at Honeywell.
The Remote Jobs
- Nerdwise is on the lookout for a Campaign Specialist.
- Help create custom software for clients across industries and verticals as Callibrity’s newest Senior Java Software Developer.
- CodersClan is looking for a Team Leader to manage projects and day to day operations.
Enjoy your moment of Zen, and we’ll see you in 2021 for a fresh new edition of TWIJ.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
See you in the new year!
PNC’s director of technology on what it takes to uncover emerging tech in the financial sector
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Small Wins
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: ‘What I Did Over Quarantine’
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Mysterious Monolith
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh