(Gif via giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Last week brought the news of not only a surprise Taylor Swift album (her second full-length release in 2020), but also the announcement that 10 new Star Wars-universe shows are greenlit at Disney+.
In a year where for many of us, leaving the house is a big win, these weirdly over-productive creative announcements feel like the kid in class who came with a full 10-page bound report about “What I Did on My Summer Vacation,” while you just jotted down some notes on a used napkin with crayon.
So, in case you needed to hear it today, you don’t need to come out of 2020 producing more music than ever or a streaming television show based on a beloved franchise.
Heck, you don’t even need to do your own job search. That’s where we come in:
Technical.ly is committed to reporting local stories of technology, entrepreneurship, and innovation. With the help of Report for America, Technical.ly will bring on a full-time reporter to cover economic development in Pittsburgh. The application for the role is open until January 31st.
The Urban Redevelopment Authority approved a $47.5 million flex office space in Oakland. The 175,000-square-foot innovation center will feature offices and spaces focused on technology, light manufacturing, and research.
Women may be making gains toward equity in the office, but there’s another gap they need to mind. The latest episode of Off the Sidelines is tackling the gender investing gap, and how women can become more active investors.
With a $5.6 million grant from the EPA, the Port Authority is charging towards the future of public transport. The grant will go toward the purchasing seven battery-electric buses and accompanying charging station.
The Local Jobs
- Venture for America is hiring a Community Director for Pittsburgh.
- Help define Abridge AI’s engineering culture as its Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Diamond Kinetics is looking for an Embedded Algorithm Engineer.
- Save lives with software: Treatspace is looking for a Junior Front End Developer.
- CapSen is hiring a Robot Field Application Engineer and Robot Software Engineer.
- Disrupt higher education enrollment as a Solutions Engineer at Othot.
- Carnegie Mellon University is seeking a Data Scientist.
- Global fintech leader Broadridge needs a Senior Java Engineer.
- Mindera is on the lookout for a Front-End React Developer.
- Make the office a better place as Microsoft’s Site Business Manager.
- Wesco is hiring an IT Manager.
- Develop new financial technology solutions at Numo as a Senior Engineer with a focus on mobile development.
The Remote Jobs
- 1Q is seeking a Senior Scala Full Stack Developer.
- Transform the future of mobile health technology. Starship Health Technologies is searching for an App Developer.
- KBMax is hiring a Front-End Developer for its rapidly expanding software and services company.
Friendly reminder you don’t need a Grammy winner to be a success in 2020. Catch you next time for TWIJ.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and s(w)ift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
PNC’s director of technology on what it takes to uncover emerging tech in the financial sector
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Small Wins
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Zen Baby
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Mysterious Monolith
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh