(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Does anyone else wake up on the Tuesday post-Cyber Monday afraid to look at their inbox? Those deals that seemed so important yesterday come back to haunt you in emailed receipts and tracking notifications.
Did you really need that bundle of cords? The ludicrously discounted kitchenware set? The novelty pug candle? Something about the thrill of the hunt for good deals made these purchases so compelling yesterday.
And today? Is it too late to look up return policies before the item’s even shipped?
If it’s the thrill of the search that drives you, look no further. This week’s newsletter comes packed fresh with exciting opportunities, and none of which require a gift receipt.
Turns out the mantra of “investing in people,” isn’t just do-good, it’s good business. This week’s episode of investor education podcast Off the Sidelines features founders of community-driven organizations. Lolita Taub of The Community Fund and Victor Hwang of Right to Start dive into how a people-first mentality can drive not only community growth but also financial returns.
Pennsylvania is one of 14 states using a COVID tracking app, and boasts some of the highest download numbers. Here’s how COVID Alert PA can help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Who we hire and why is changing. Today’s job market isn’t just about finding someone with the right skills and plying them with office foosball tables. In 2020, an employee’s values matter just as much as their resume. Technical.ly’s CEO Chris Wink dives into the changing hiring landscape with Ali Farrell, head of people for Wodify, on the latest TWIJ Show.
The Local Jobs
- Abridge AI is searching for a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Leading developer of mobile robotic systems RE2 Robotics is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Seegrid wants a Linux Engineer to help advance its self-driving vehicle platform.
- Combine your love of a good curveball with your passion for data as an Embedded Algorithm Engineer with Diamond Kinetics.
- Immunetrics is hiring for a variety of roles, including a Software Engineer, Biologist, and Mathematical Modeler.
- Staffing and placement firm eNGINE is seeking a Junior Python Developer.
- IQ Inc. is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer.
- A ConsultUSA client has an immediate need for an experienced Information Security Engineer.
- Advanced imaging technology company ChemImage Corp is seeking a Desktop Support Technician.
- KeyBank is hiring a Technical Lead with experience in Java and Angular.
- Join US Steel as an IT Security Administrator.
- Help build web-based software applications drive forward medical research as a Software Developer at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Niche is on the lookout for a Back End Software Engineer.
- Love machine learning and smart assistants? Amazon is hiring a Machine Learning Software Development Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Iconic workwear brand Red Wing Shoes is seeking a .Net Software Developer.
- Agenteur is searching for a Full Stack Engineer.
- Help innovate the car insurance space through safer driving as TrueMotion’s newest Senior Software Engineer.
Here’s to the thrill and success of a great job hunt. Catch you next week for TWIJ.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
PNC’s director of technology on what it takes to uncover emerging tech in the financial sector
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Small Wins
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Zen Baby
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: ‘What I Did Over Quarantine’
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh