(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
This weekend, the Steelers made franchise history with the team’s first 8-0 record, beating a personal best of 7-0 set in 1978.
While the game was history-making for Pittsburgh, the win against the Iggles was far from easy. Trailing by 13 points during the game, it was the largest deficit the team’s experienced all year. The win might not have been perfect, but it’s still a W.
It’s a reminder that wins won’t always come pretty, or easy, but that’s just part of the game. Next time you hesitate over sending the resume or cover letter that’s not 100%, remember that to win, you need to be playing. So go ahead and put yourself out there.
Tech hiring in Pittsburgh actually increased during the pandemic, but how will remote work and hiring practices change the city’s growth in the future? Experts from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh Technology Council and Partner4Work weigh in.
Join InnovatePGH virtually on Nov. 19 to hear from reps at CMU, University of Pittsburgh, Carlow University and UPMC about the future of Pittsburgh’s Innovation District in the time of COVID-19 and beyond. Register through Eventbrite here.
Learn how Innovation Works’ newest accelerator program AlphaLab Health hopes to foster new ideas in Pittsburgh’s life sciences sector.
The Local Jobs
- Join PNC as its newest Security Manager.
- Proofpoint is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- At the intersection between sports fandom and technology, YinzCam is looking for a Senior Software Developer.
- Othot is seeking a Technical Support Specialist.
- Join the robot revolution: Carnegie Mellon’s National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) is hiring a Senior Robotics Engineer.
- HDR wants an IT Application Manager.
- Looking to make an impact in emerging digital technologies? Join CGI as a Data Architect.
- TEKsystems is on the lookout for a .NET Developer.
- With a mission to make machine data accessible and a name that’s fun to say, Splunk is seeking a Principal Software Engineer, APM Instrumentation.
- IQ Inc. wants to find a Front End Developer with experience in Node.js and Angular.
- Placement firm eNGINE is looking for a Junior DevOps Analyst.
- Attention, recent graduates: Duolingo is hiring a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Zoom is keeping its eyes peeled for a Technical Support Engineer that bridges the gap between technical and non-technical teams.
The Remote Jobs
- Bimble Solar is changing the renewable energy game and wants a PHP OpenCart Web Developer to help optimize its website.
- Global investment and advisory firm GCM Grosvenor wants a .NET Software Engineer.
Here’s hoping you beat a personal best this week. Join us next time for another TWIJ.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Globetrotter Vibes
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Abra Cadabra!
How will COVID-19 change tech hiring in Pittsburgh?
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Sweating in sweaters
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh