(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Just when you thought it was safe to stow away those acid-wash jorts, temperatures skyrocketed last week. That’s only the 10th time since 1875 that we’ve seen such heat this late in the year. For those of you who spent the time sweating through your autumnal apparel to take advantage of Pittsburgh’s all too brief fall, we salute you.
It’s that sheer force of will, the dabbing off sweat from the brow while pumpkin picking or ordering your seasonal spiced latte “hot” in direct sunlight, that’ll make hiring managers stand up and take notice. So park your parka-clad, pumpkin-loving self in front of your laptop and check out this week’s jobs.
The largest commercial real estate services company in the world, CBRE, has named Pittsburgh the country’s top emerging life sciences cluster. The study graded cities not only on venture capital and university funding but also in efforts to develop treatments and a vaccine for COVID-19.
Just in time for spooky season, Duolingo dropped the world’s first bilingual true-crime podcast. The Spanish-English podcast tells the story of a 2006 bank robbery in Buenos Aires where five men stole $20 million in a single heist. Check out “El Gran Robo Argentina” on your preferred podcast app.
Astrobotic was over the moon this week after opening its new headquarters in the North Side. At 47,000 square feet, it’s the largest private facility in the world dedicated to innovating and building lunar spacecraft.
A $5 million grant awarded from the Department of Defense has helped establish the AI in Metals and Manufacturing Consortium. The consortium unites the region’s advanced manufacturing industry with its AI research and development.
The Local Jobs
- PNC needs a System Reliability & Support Lead.
- Help shape the future of Pittsburgh’s life-science research as the Chief Executive Officer of LifeX Labs.
- Astrobotics has openings for multiple engineering roles, including a Software Engineer and Thermal Systems Engineer.
- Animators and designers, Duolingo is looking for an experienced Animator and Illustrator.
- American Eagle Outfitters is searching for a Digital Content Coordinator.
- Interested in healthcare and software? Ocean Genomics is hiring a DevOps Engineer.
- Black Tech Nation is seeking a Digital Content Coordinator.
- Uber wants a Senior Product Manager to focus on metrics and evaluation in its self-driving vehicles.
- At the intersection of software and education, Carnegie Learning is looking for a Senior Director of Software Development to lead and launch new products.
- BITO Robotics wants a Software Engineer with a background in motion planning to join its team.
- Experienced in data science? Zoom is looking for a seasoned Data Engineer to join the Pittsburgh office.
- Philips is on the lookout for an iOS Mobile Developer.
- Recent graduates: The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University is hiring a Research Assistant to help collect and record future analysis.
- Humana is searching for a Principal, Cloud Platform Architect.
The Remote Jobs
- SmartLogic is searching for a Software Developer with three to five years of experience using Ruby on Rails.
- Love building experiences for mobile users? Agrian is searching for a Software Engineer to help create a high performance mobile experience.
- FluentStream is on the lookout for a Full-Stack Senior Software Developer who can optimize user experience across all platforms.
Keep that fall spirit, no matter the temperatures. Check back next week for TWIJ, and a whole new crop of postings.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Globetrotter Vibes
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: History Making
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Abra Cadabra!
How will COVID-19 change tech hiring in Pittsburgh?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh