(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
OK, it seems pretty safe now to gloat a little bit. After the undefeated Steelers glided to victory against the cross-state Eagles on Sunday, something in the universe has returned to normalcy. [Philly-based editor’s note: Ugh.] In a precarious world, even enemies of the black and gold must be taking some comfort in the Steelers’ early-season dominance. It’s just what the universe desires, let’s face it.
That’s the feeling to look out for when it comes to career and new opportunities out there. Respect is earned, but a little dash of cockiness doesn’t hurt. So practice that touchdown dance, and go for what you want. We think you’ll find something to celebrate in the jobs below.
Abridge founders Shiv Rao and Sandeep Konam announced the platform has attracted over 50,000 users. The milestone comes as the startup has also secured $10 million in Series A funding. The firm also has a Lead DevOps Engineer opening right now.
The Pittsburgh Technology Council announced the finalists for its annual Tech 50 Awards. The awards will be handed out in a virtual event on Nov. 12.
The Local Jobs
- Startup NOCTEM is on the prowl for a Full Stack Developer.
- Tobii Dynavox has an opening for a mid-level Software Engineer to join its growing Information Systems Integrations and Development team.
- Recruiter eNGINE is looking to place multiple Junior Data Analysts with some SQL experience.
- PPG is looking for an IT Project Manager to manage some large projects with global functions.
- Take a look at 3M’s opening for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Highmark Health is hunting for an IT Systems Analyst. Experience with pharmacy informatics is a plus.
- Attention, recent graduates: Cogent University wants to hire and train a Java Developer to join its software development team.
- Carnegie Mellon University has an opening for an Assistant Cyber Security Engineer to join its CERT Cyber Workforce Development team.
- If you’re sporting a master’s degree in computer science, you may get the attention of the University of Pittsburgh for a System Programmer opening.
- Recruiter Kforce is looking for a .NET Software Engineer on behalf of a flagship Pittsburgh company.
- Among the many Zoom openings available to Pittsburghers is Data Scientist in Customer Success.
- PNC wants someone with a DevOps background to fill its Security Architect opening.
The Remote Jobs
- Didilabs is hiring a Remote Mobile Application Developer to work in both Android and iOS.
- News outfit Axios is hiring a Remote Senior Mobile Engineer.
- MeetEdgar is looking for its next Remote PT Full Stack Developer.
That’s game, time to shake hands (and then use sanitizer, or maybe just give a sportsmanlike wave instead). Stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittburgh: Irma Gerd, SNL
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: How do ya like ‘dem apple trees
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Clear skies, full hearts
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: The need for wheels
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh